Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: HDJC2 TCV Suggestions

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hi, had a friend bring over his laptop last night and I connected my HDJC2 to it and used my TCV through his VDJ software (I think it's 3.1 or 3.2 I don't really remember). Anyway there's a few bugs / oddities in the way that VDJ functions with the console when using VDJ's TCV mode. Note: the HDJC2 was set to ASIO and to use an external mixer in the config (therefore locking the HDJC2 crossfader).

The external mixer will only work properly when the crossfader on the HDJC is all the way to the left. If it is in the center, when the external mixer crossfader is to the left you can hear both tracks playing although when its to the right, you only get the output from Deck B. If the crossfader is all the way to the right, you will only get the ouput from Deck B on the external mixer. Ideally, moving the crossfader on the HDJC2 or even with the mouse on the VDJ software should have no effect at all as all you want to happen in all circumstances (when use external mixer is enabled) is for the output of Deck A to go to outputs 1/2 and Deck B to go to outputs 3/4.

The HDJC2 crossfader would be useful to control the VDJ video crossfader only when set to use external mixer. At the moment, although it can control the video crossfader (if you set link crossfaders in VDJ), you cannot mix properly using the external mixer because of the above problem.

The HDJC2 other than these small problems seems to be great for TCV. I love the ability to be able to switch to standard vinyl by the press of a button, bypassing VDJ. You can also use effects and create loops, cue points from the console. You also don't need any preamps because the HDJC2 accepts both line and phono inputs and applies the RIAA filters (or however it works) superbly and the timecode never drops below 100% signal.

This last thing may not be possible as it could be a hardware limitation. This applies to the console being in standard mode both with the console edition and professional edition software. The mix headphone option on the console should be able to respond the same way the VDJ headphone mix option works, where the amount of a channel which is audible is adjustable. At the moment you can only hear the live mix. Perhaps pushing the center stick in and pushing left or right could change the amount of the cued track you can hear through the headphones and pushing it in again would change back to hearing the live mix.

Sorry if this is the wrong section and if you need me to rexplain anything I'll try my best.

Inviato Sun 29 Jan 06 @ 5:48 pm
I totally agree with that first part, there are some "artifacts" with connecting the Herc to external mixer.

And it would be good to use that crossfader for video when using external mixer (and you can, by remapping the fader, with Dj Cels plugin)

But still, the way you have to setup the hercules for external mixer is a bit odd, and I have contacted Hercules Support to hear if drivers will be changed to "fix" this, so its working "smarter".

What you want for headphone mix, is also possible with Dj Cels plugin. By setting the joystick in the middle of the console to adjusting the headphone mix value (mapped with the plugin).

Dj Cels console mapper only works with the full version by the way.

But I hope Hercules can make the driver "smarter" for external mixer.
You can by the way use the 7.1 option, in the 4.1 soundcard + external mixer setting.
This way you dont have to move the crossfader all the way to the left (VDJ pro version).

It does seem like this little "work around" for letting the free version connect to external mixer (not really supported in the free version) also is present with the full version of VDJ. But at least you can change that with the 7.1 option (though will the headphone knob select what sound goes out, so it has to be set at deck b).

Inviato Sun 29 Jan 06 @ 6:05 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)