Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: XP10

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

tunicPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Sorry for the cross post but as I wasn't getting any response in the hardware forum I thought it might be the wrong place:

Hi all,

Its been quite a while since I used Virtual DJ as I bought a pair of CD decks to try and learn to mix, beatmatch etc - and ultimately get much more of a feel for the music etc.

I've been slowly getting to the point where I need to upgrade as my CD decks are fairly limited in capability - the are Pioneer CDJ100s - which for a start only have a pitch fader resolution of 0.1 which means that long mixes are always going to drift. In addition, no looping and no touch sensitive platter also limits the amount of creaive mixing.

I was keen initially to try and get a couple of secondhand CDJ800's but thought I'd check out Virtual DJ again as there was a new version and thought I'd look at the forums for whats been happening.

Having DJ'd for nearly a year on basic CD decks now I really appreciate the possibilities with VDJ. I had a 2 hour session this morning with just my laptop once I got the config good enough was pulling off some quality mixes. (I've a Maya44USB and external 4 channel mixer).

So, my question is, if I was going down the CDJ route I need to sort out some decent controllers. It seems to me that the general consensus now is to go down the TCV or TC CD route, whereas I was thinking of going down the XP10 route.

Basically, am I right in saying that truthfully it is still better to go for XP10s to get the most out of VDJ? For example, looping with TCCD isn't really possible?

Also, is scratching better through and XP10 than TC CD, but bette on TCV?

In the hardware order there is no mention of XP10 - just Virtual DJ Pro. Am I right in thinking the VDJ Pro is a modified version of the XP10 that only works with VDJ, not Bison or any other software. Is it also the case that the button configurations for these are different but ultimately the hardware is the same.

Also, there has been talk of a new version of the XP10 - any ideas for timeframes?

Are there any other touch sensitive platter based controllers?

Have all of the XP10 related crashes now been sorted out - I remember that Anewsome used to have huge problems.

Finally, on a general note - are people finding that laptop usuage is becoming more acceptibale in clubs now and are people using the extended functionality to differentiate themselves or just make their life easier?

tunic

Posted Mon 13 Feb 06 @ 10:03:24

Hi,

A further question is in the FAQ on the EKS website there is the following Q/A:

Q: In the light of the recent review in DJ Mag, will you be making any modifications to the pitch slider? I too feel that slider should have a good deal of resistance.

A: Yes, we have done it and the change is reversible in case somebody disagrees with it.

Does this change also apply to the VDJ version?

Thanks

Inviato Mon 13 Feb 06 @ 10:56 pm
....does no one use the XP10s anymore / or has no one used them and TCV/TCCDs to compare?

Also, has anyone used the Numark Axix 9 and how does this fair with TCCD?

Thanks

(any response would be good)

Inviato Tue 14 Feb 06 @ 1:50 pm
mzackPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hi there.....sorry I wont be able to have a response you are waiting for. I am waiting for the XP10's myself........I watched a demo video, they seem pretty functional, right now I have the MK2, and thats it, I was going back and forth with TCV or TCCD......so I figured an economical approach to more professional set up would be the XP10.......But VDJ is out of stock, I asked when they would be in stock, but no reply yet......kinda frustrated with the lag time of the forum, Im sure you can understand that, but what can you do?...

Inviato Tue 14 Feb 06 @ 4:21 pm
To answer your question about stability, there are no know crash problems with xp10 and VDJ. They work flawlessly with just xp10 or xp10 + TCCD/TCV. I would highly recommend them, but not if you plan to do a lot of scratching. If you plan to do a lot of scratching then you might consider TCCD or TCV to do the scratching with.

As far as laptops in the clubs, I can't think of a single club near where I am that DOESN'T use laptops. Mostly using TCV in the clubs around here.

Also, looping with TCV/TCCD is entirely possible with VDJ. This feature works perfectly in relative mode.

Inviato Tue 14 Feb 06 @ 10:45 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
what software do you predominantly see TCV being used with anewsome? :P

gotta keep it on the dl ahy

Inviato Wed 15 Feb 06 @ 1:07 am
Cheers for the replies guys.

The mention of a cut down XP10 (XP05) sounds interesting...especically if it is just the controller and costs half the price. But who knows.

Basically I probably not looking to do much, if any scratching (but that might be because I can't now anyway).

XP10s ended up looking as expensive if not more so than secondhand CDJ-800s so I might still just go down that route anyway and then see what the TCCD works like. Just need more money now..... (my wedding to pay for in 3 months!)

Inviato Wed 15 Feb 06 @ 9:50 am
mzackPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I myself do not plan on doing a lot of scratching, due to the fact I stink at it...LOL, Im tring to figure out how to control this program on a professional basis. The MK2 looks like a toy, and good CD players are a small fortune, do you have any suggestions......

Inviato Wed 15 Feb 06 @ 12:24 pm
To be perfectly honest I am not sure overly how important the controller is in the grand scheme of things if you are doing straight mixing. For sure, looping buttons etc. would be nice but these could be achieved by any of the many midi controllers I believe. What is most important is a decent mixer and a good quality 4 output soundcard (like the Maya44USB) in my opinion. I would like a decent controller purely to make cueing easier but if you set all your cue points in advance this becomes less important too.

I have another gig next month and I might try just the latop + VDJ as opposed to CD decks which I have been using.

Inviato Wed 15 Feb 06 @ 4:53 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)