Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: MP3GAIN

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

NAWTBOYPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Does anyone have any experience with this software....I downloaded and MP3gained all my mp3s but teh default is 89 (whatever that means) and all teh mp3s are liek -3db now......in vdj the auto gain goes up to 2.6 on all my mp3's now. Is there a better setting to have it at. Also I can't get that BPM software to work with my IndigoDJ soundcard. It works great on my desktop but i would like to get it to work on my notebook since thats were i have my vdj installed. If anyon has any experience with these programs please help.

Thanks,

NAW-T-BOY

Inviato Wed 02 Jun 04 @ 7:56 pm
I think most people who use this usually set the db to 96db. Then don't use the auto-gain in the playback program if it has one.

Inviato Wed 02 Jun 04 @ 8:45 pm
Above 90% would be what most people/software do, when normalizing...

I had problems with the BMP software too (I guess u are thinking abut the autobmp software), but Fruit (as always) helped me out :)
U need to open the controllpanel for your laptop soundcard, and make sure the record settings are not muted (uncheck if checked). And also, make autobmp "listen" to the "wave recording", "stereomix" or what the right setting is for your soundcard..

Hope that this will solve your problem

Dj In norway

Inviato Wed 02 Jun 04 @ 9:04 pm
Norway,
MP3Gain, is a program only used to "normalize" MP3's to the same db output level. It doesn't do anything with BPM's.

Inviato Wed 02 Jun 04 @ 9:21 pm
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003

Inviato Wed 02 Jun 04 @ 11:38 pm
Nawtboy:
"can't get that BPM software to work with my IndigoDJ soundcard"

Thought you where talking about AutoBMP software, as mentioned by Fruit.
I know MP3gain is for normalizing, but I thought u had a second problem as well, a problem with BMP software (as u wrote).

:)

Dj in norway

Inviato Thu 03 Jun 04 @ 1:29 pm
Yeah I thought that too.

Inviato Thu 03 Jun 04 @ 2:22 pm
Sorry, missed that part.

BTW Fruit, you never emailed me. How is the skin comming?

Inviato Thu 03 Jun 04 @ 4:28 pm
houm hom yep I know but this days I have few problems I have no time to skin, but, I started the famous skin. When a release will be runable, you'll surely get it the first.

FRUiT94

Inviato Thu 03 Jun 04 @ 6:56 pm
NAWTBOYPRO InfinityMember since 2003
i do have a problem with getting autobpm TO WORK WITH MY INDIGO....

for some reason i have to mute the onboard soundcard when using indigo because the songs phaze each other if the onboard soundcard isn't muted...which is where autobpm gets the sound to tell you what the bpme is.....also.....how do you run vdj and auto bpm at the same time......doesnt virtual dj take up the whole screen???

Inviato Thu 03 Jun 04 @ 8:05 pm
I use MP3 Gain. It seems to work great but the only issue I have is with how VDJ handles it. Of course you can use the auto gain feature in VDJ, but it will save cpu usage if your mp3s are already at a good level. Here's something the team should look at, I have already posted a message regarding this but will not hurt to say it again.The possibility of an option to analyse your files without the BPM changing. The nomodiffiles option locks or unlocks the internal database and when you analyse the files everything is affected.I really do not want to type in the BPMs again.

Inviato Thu 03 Jun 04 @ 9:03 pm
NawTBoy,

AUTO BPM and VDJ, well my screen resolution is 1280x960 so I have no problems to switch between the two softs, as I can resize the AUTOBPM window, it can even appear at the same time. By the way, if your screen resolution is 1024x768 you can switch the softs by pressing ALT+TAB.

For the soundcard problem, I don't really see how to solve it could you be more precise. ie did you notice if the indigo card has a "what you ear" volume, or a "stereo mix" or a "wave recording" volume? In the Windows volume control pannel, click the options menu, click properties and check the "recording mode", and then ok. See if there's a checked box or else tell me. Or maybe your soundcard has it's own mixer, what are the options here?

FRUiT94

Inviato Thu 03 Jun 04 @ 11:24 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)