Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: 2nd generation beat matching for VDJ

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I don't know if it is possible but I was thinking about a more precise beat matching program. Instead of the beat matching the way it does now with the set beats evenly spaced, maybe you can base the next generation of beat matching according to the actual wave. usually the spike in the wave represents a bass hit. i think i might be possible to match beats with the spikes in the wave. I have been playing with beat matching and not all songs work well with it. there are points in the song where it drifts off. The begining os the song is fine but towards the middle it drifts away.

I'm not saying to completely scratch the current beat match but maybe there this option can be added.

Let me know what you think, Dj VooDoo

Inviato Wed 03 May 06 @ 5:05 am
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Seconded! The beatmatching engine tends to work fine with anything that was made using a drum machine or sequencer (that's 99.9% of dance music!) but it's no good with stuff that was done with a live drummer, or any track that has a tempo change.

Inviato Fri 05 May 06 @ 5:37 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
'lets base the beatmatching on the waveform'
DOH!

how do you think they do it? its not as easy as all that tho, songs are never perfectly stable in their BPM and as such songs do sometimes drift in relation to the beat markers, VDJ did introduce 'elasticity' to the VDJ beat engine so that it could track with slight changes as the song goes on but they got rid of it because it made finding the beat harder because it introduced more variables into the equation.

Inviato Sun 14 May 06 @ 5:05 am
vpcdjHome userMember since 2004
i mean... how else do they do it?! lol

---------------
for dance/techno music the program pretty much gets the bpm always right. for hip-hop its a 60-40 chance in the 91 to 102 range.
i'd be better if the program showed what bpms its coming up with "in real time" while its trying to come up with a bpm.

flashback 6 years ago.... when playing with pcdj [red] i used atomix to get my bpms. i did that coz atomix shows different bpms before it gets the final bpm. before it gets the final bpm, whether its right or wrong, it will show the right bpm of the song even if it was for a split second. i'd type in the right bpm of the song in bpm in pcdj red. atomix will show the right bpm this way guaranteed.
That process is slow coz it means u have to sit infront of the comp to personally look at the bpm window, but its still faster than having to open the "Edit BPM" and set anchors 1 & 2.

vdj almost works like atomix but it doesnt show the bpms its working on "real time".

---------------------------------------------------

i just say for bpm process to be faster there be a value in the Anchor Distance
http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/11732/New_features/Post_it_here_.html?page=1

Posted Sat 30 Apr 05 @ 17:23:01

Analyzing Anchor distance too with BPM detection:
when the track is analyzed it comes up with a bpm... (i know for the techno genre detection is mostly always correct but for hip-hop that's not the case especially for tracks btwn 91-110 bpm... )
it would be less work for the djs if the program even comes up with a wrong bpm BUT comes with figures in the Anchor Distance (from Edit BPM). this way even if the bpm is wrong when u edit the Anchor Distance it would edit the bpm too. that eliminates the process of manually setting Anchor 1 and 2. yaknowhatamsayn?!

currently when the bpm is wrong i'd have to go to Edit BPM then set Anchors 1 and 2 to get Anchor Distance. i usually set it to 4 or 8 beats or whatever... and re-edit it to 4 or 8 beats... using the < and > arrows. So it got me thinking that if there was any figure in the Anchor Distance i'd just correct it using the arrows eliminating the slow process of manually setting the Anchors (1 and 2)....
the bpm freaks would appreciate this...

Inviato Mon 15 May 06 @ 8:08 pm
yes tthey would

and a bpm tap

Inviato Tue 16 May 06 @ 1:18 am
BPM studio does BPM in real time and it is very accurate. Mixmiester's BPM analyzer is also quite accurate. I've found tons of files in my collection that have not been analyzed correctly with the methodology VDJ uses to get the BPM values. It'd be nice if VDJ could do analyzing of the files as it is now (preferably more accurately) but also do BPM in real time. That way if there is an error in it's analysi, it doesn't use faulty information to try and beat match to.

Inviato Wed 17 May 06 @ 4:49 pm
How about having a database that can read the bpm field in the tag file.

TreTheDJ

Inviato Mon 19 Jun 06 @ 3:11 am
I had tryied a lot of mix software, but I simply think that VDJ is the best software, and the most easier to use. It's true that for some songs the Bpm is not corect, or the acnhors are not at their place, an I expect that in near future this problem to be solved, but 'till then you, the Dj, have to do all the work ;)

Inviato Mon 19 Jun 06 @ 12:46 pm
id like to think it will

Inviato Tue 20 Jun 06 @ 2:27 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)