Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: how to put on a skin

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

how can i put on the skin i just downloaded off the website?

Inviato Sun 04 Jun 06 @ 9:38 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Go to preferences, then skins and choose it.

Inviato Sun 04 Jun 06 @ 10:33 pm
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
after u download it just double click on in and it will install itself next go to config on virtualdj and select the skins tab then just choose it from there

Inviato Sun 04 Jun 06 @ 10:39 pm
The problem with this is that only some of the skins are of type "application.exe". ONLY those will download with the little "gift box" icon, extract properly, and show up in the skins tab in the config option in VDJ..

LOTS of those skins unfortunately are of type "application/octet-stream". Since those are not executables, THOSE will NOT extract into the skins folder of the Virtual DJ folder, and will NOT show up in the skins tab in the config option in VDJ. Simply placing those files in the skins folder doesn't work either.

If anyone can advise on what to do with those skins that are of type "application/octet-stream", I [and I'm sure many others] would be very grateful. =)

For anyone who doesn't want to waste time downloading skins that don't work, click on a skin and then click on the "download" button. When the save dialog box appears and asks you where to save, look at the type of file that the skin is. If it says "application.exe", it's fine. If it says "application/octet-stream", don't bother.

Unless someone posts a solution to this.

Inviato Mon 05 Jun 06 @ 4:29 am
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
I think that every skin work. That's why it has been tasted and it is posted here on website. But sor sure, i will try all of them today. Will write if any of them is inpossible to install.

Inviato Mon 05 Jun 06 @ 10:31 am
the question is: are non registered users able to change skins and download them from the site? I'm able to download all skins and they all work fine for me, just selecting them in the configuration panel.

Inviato Mon 05 Jun 06 @ 11:46 am
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Most skins are available for no-license users.

I think only 3 skins are only for Pro Edition users.

And yes, you can change the skin with the demo version.

Inviato Mon 05 Jun 06 @ 1:42 pm
In reply to ConQuest:
To install "application/octet-stream" skins, you have to rename them, by adding the .EXE extension to the file (for example, the skin "MIX" will be renamed to "MIX.EXE").
Et voilà! The file now has the "gift box" icon and you can execute it, so you can install the skin in VDJ.

Inviato Thu 08 Jun 06 @ 12:19 pm
fastleo63 wrote :
In reply to ConQuest:
To install "application/octet-stream" skins, you have to rename them, by adding the .EXE extension to the file (for example, the skin "MIX" will be renamed to "MIX.EXE").
Et voilà! The file now has the "gift box" icon and you can execute it, so you can install the skin in VDJ.

Hehe. Yeah, I came back on here to post this same solution, but you beat me too it. I just wasn't thinking when I encountered this.

Thanks anyway fastloe63! =)

Inviato Thu 08 Jun 06 @ 2:57 pm
I have download some skins and they are not ZIP file or RAR file. what should I do?

Inviato Tue 13 Jun 06 @ 10:29 pm
Rename them to .exe (executable) and run them, they will install itself in the proper folder.
Ewout

Inviato Wed 14 Jun 06 @ 12:33 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)