Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Bitmap Billboards

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

VDJ can play bitmaps when there is no video associated with the track being played. However, if you are playing videos all night this is no help to the club owner who wants to use the bitmaps to promote coming events, drink specials etc., or even for me to promote my services on the TV screens.

I would like to be able to tell VDJ to play the loaded bitmaps at specific time intervals. This would be a strong selling feature to be able to offer clients. So let's say I am at a wedding, a guest could give me their photos which I load. Then every 5 minutes, VDJ will show the photos insted of music video clips for a period of time, and then go back automaticly to the video clip.

In a pub, club or bar, I could have three or four advertisments saved as bitmaps rotate and replace the video clip for say 20 seconds every 10 minutes or so. I can see club owners loving this feature as it could increase their patronage at future events, and increase bar sales for drink specials etc.

Most of this feature is already developed in VDJ3.4. It just needs an override video feature and an interval box to enter the time period. I could then use Microsoft Paint or other graphics program to write the text. or maybe you could include this too?

Thanks

DJ Chris Davis

Inviato Tue 06 Jun 06 @ 9:07 am
That sounds like a brilliant feature, very good idea.

Inviato Tue 06 Jun 06 @ 9:15 am
Bitmaps would also require slideshow feature like the visualisations have.

Inviato Tue 06 Jun 06 @ 10:50 am
JeremKPRO InfinityStaffMember since 2004
You can have slideshows with bitmaps, it works great.

I agree all this is a good idea. First have something to be able to disactivate the video from a deck and have visualisations or bitmaps instead. And then maybe another option to program/schedule this disactivation.

Inviato Wed 07 Jun 06 @ 5:14 pm
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004
Another idea, the possibility to load an image (jpg or bpm) into the sample box to play like an audio sample?

Inviato Thu 08 Jun 06 @ 10:55 am
Or load an image as a watermark for your video files. You could create a watermark with your dj name or the name of the club you are working in. I don't know if this requires lot of cpu power.
Ewout

Inviato Fri 09 Jun 06 @ 12:43 am
Having a slide show to replace the video from time to time is something the three clubs I work in all want so they can advertise the club events and club bar specials. We can already play a slide show, just need the interval and duration controls to disengage the music video image. Idea's such as watermarks might be fine but it is not what we need.

I made bitmaps last night using Microsoft Powerpoint and had a great result.

So I also notice that there are plugins for strip clubs on VDJ. A bitmip of the girls photo and name would be very professional. For birthdays of customers you could take a photo of the group, put it into powerpont, overlay a greating and have a fantastic birthday message.

Once this is implemented the options for us are unlimited. I hope the development team can make this happen.

Inviato Fri 09 Jun 06 @ 1:29 am
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
i don't tkink there will be support for PPT (PowerPoint) files ever in VDJ.
VDJ is for mixing music and video. Why another PowerPoint? :)))

You can always run your slideshow in powerpoint behind VDJ. Just stop the video for example and play slide show on projector with PP. It can go like this.

Agree, duration between pictures could be added into VDJ as option.

Inviato Fri 09 Jun 06 @ 12:53 pm
Powerpoint has a very good programming Api. So it is quite easy to let a powerpoint presentation run in a "box" within your application. So you don't need to "redo" or "rebuild" powerpoint, just include a powerpoint object into VDJ.
Of course, you will need to be able to select a powerpoint file and VDJ will have to check if powerpoint is installed and so on.
Ewout

Inviato Fri 09 Jun 06 @ 10:12 pm
The only thing I used powerpoint for was to make a single Bitmap graphic. I could have used any graphics or paint program. The point is that once I make a bitmap graphic, or a number of bitmaps, and then assign VDJ slideshow to the folder i get a great result. Now I look forward to being able to assign the slidesow to have prioity (replace) the music videos for a set interval and duration, or always on....

Inviato Sat 10 Jun 06 @ 12:18 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
@Superstorm do you know any program that can run PPT files? I mean.. not PowerPoint. If it is really so easy to open these files with another program (read: VDJ) it could be very very VERY! great!

Inviato Sat 10 Jun 06 @ 1:19 pm
TexZKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I'm looking for API calls that can grab bitmap data from external windows (like some screen recorders do). This way you can open M$ PowerPoint and copy its screen to a deck video. I'm thinking to add it to my nre video plugin, "VideoJ". It will be something like a "live" version of SWIsh, where you can put texts, images, rotate them, maybe further link commands to MIDI messages (e.g. if you want to rotate an image with the jogwheel), apply some effects... With a framework it would be easy I think. And it will be powered by OpenGL... so there won't be CPU drops...

Inviato Thu 22 Jun 06 @ 11:22 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)