Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Burning CD's

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I'm having problems burning cd's. When the burn is half way through, the program says an unknown error occured. It's happening with iTunes, Nero and Winows Media Player. What the hell? I've wasted ten cd's so far. What the Hell.

Inviato Thu 15 Jun 06 @ 7:58 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
well the 1st suggestion would be to burn it as a test burn without using a cd. The 2nd would be to try a RW-cd after if the simualtion burn is fine. When was the last cd you burned? make any system changes since then ? if you can burn a test 100% (simulation) then its a hardware issue, either your drive just died or your blanks are very bad but its hard to tell without an error message, Nero should have a activity log, check that .

Inviato Thu 15 Jun 06 @ 8:09 pm
My Blanks were bad. Thank God?

Inviato Fri 16 Jun 06 @ 12:41 am
Beware of very very cheap media. Most of the time they are only good for coasters. And if you do have success burining something on them, good luck having it play on someone elses deck.

Inviato Fri 16 Jun 06 @ 1:24 am
That's very true indeed. What you burn on a cheap media will sound... guess what. Cheap! It's valid for all medias and even files! not to mention the longivity... There's a reason why there's such a price range in media and I think that us, djs, need what's best.

Karlo.

Inviato Fri 16 Jun 06 @ 2:15 am
I agree about avoiding some cheap media, but some of the generic brands are reliable if you make sure to use slower burning speeds, I've been living off of esos for a couple years without any problems. It's important to use slower burning speeds if you want good results, the slower the burn the better the burn;^]

Inviato Fri 16 Jun 06 @ 2:36 am
I agree with Timmyg1978,
the slower you burn the better quality. This is especially the case when you use your media in dj cd players like the Denon and Pioneer cd players. I've seen a dj who burned all his (cheap) media at 52 speed, they wouldn't play normally on the Denon cd players.
I only use Verbatim, for both cds and dvds, burned in a Plextor dvd burner. Never had any problem.
Ewout

Inviato Fri 16 Jun 06 @ 12:44 pm
God bless Nero for the infamous "shut the pc off after burning" checkbox. Hey! maybe they wanted to burn slow overnight so the results are always good! that make sense heh heh.... but turning my pc off, hmmm, I dont know about that. heh.

Inviato Fri 16 Jun 06 @ 1:00 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)