Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Played/Left beats counter

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

TexZKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Hi everyone!
There's a simple textbox left to add to the skin: the played/left beats counter. I've seen it in Traktor 3, why haven't you already put it on skins? Damn, it's so simple to calculate! I think it's a good issue for long/unknown mixes!

Inviato Thu 22 Jun 06 @ 11:15 am
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
It would be useful feature. Agree.

Inviato Thu 22 Jun 06 @ 11:17 am
TexZKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I think there's no need to add an extra textbox tough. You can add it to the CUE display mode, as alternative to the remaining time. Just click one more time on the cue display... and voilà! You have the beat control of each cue point!

PS: it would be also good to see more than 5 cue points. I've seen VDJ supports up to 99 ones, so can I set indexes greater than 5 in skin XML files, when defining the cue?

Inviato Thu 22 Jun 06 @ 11:27 am
joetmenPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I agree with TexZk...this beats counter would be a good feature for the new release of vdj!

Inviato Thu 22 Jun 06 @ 1:05 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003

Inviato Fri 23 Jun 06 @ 8:23 pm
ok!
sorry apopsis, but I don't use your skin and my favourite skin have not this feature...
so, I'll try your skin now to see this "special" beats counter...
bye

Inviato Fri 23 Jun 06 @ 8:57 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityStaffMember since 2004
it is very easy to edit the beat counter to have it showing the played/left beats.

If you don't want the time and only want the beats change the %spent values in skin to: %Bspent
and %left to %Bleft.

And this should work.

Inviato Fri 23 Jun 06 @ 10:58 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
nice info to know! how accurate is the beat counting?? this would be great for the 32 intro/outro beat mixers. would be nice if there was a way to make the beat count indicate a warning when you get to the desired # (ex.flashing digits or color change)

Inviato Mon 26 Jun 06 @ 3:28 pm
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004
A flashing digits for the left time for cues or left time of the song it's a really good idea (Like CDJs) ;-)

Inviato Mon 26 Jun 06 @ 4:42 pm
Agree!
I would like to make remaining time in skin to show remaining beats. But how to do that? I never tryed to modify any skin :) I am pretty satisfied with Mix station 04 :)

Inviato Mon 26 Jun 06 @ 4:58 pm
well i modded a skin i am working on with this beat counting and i have only played around a little with it but i do not believe it would be 100% perfect unless you pre-edited the track or it perfectly ended on the last beat. What i mean is if the song has a fade like most do it seems to include the extra few beats, i was trying to drop my new track with 32 beats left and sometimes the cue point was 30beats sometimes it would be 34beats. So far it seems to be too accurate and can only give you a ballpark idea.

Inviato Tue 27 Jun 06 @ 9:52 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityStaffMember since 2004
The solution would be to leave the played/remain counter in Time.

And change the 5th cue counter in the skin to a beat counter, and set the last cue on each track to the last beat.

That way we could have an easy 32 beats left visual.

Inviato Wed 28 Jun 06 @ 11:46 am
agree

Inviato Wed 28 Jun 06 @ 11:51 am
Perfect!

Inviato Wed 28 Jun 06 @ 1:36 pm
that would work but i think its just easier to use it as a loose guide.

Inviato Wed 28 Jun 06 @ 3:02 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)