Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: a huge thanx to macourteau!!! u are the best!! - Page: 1

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

just one post a huge thanx to macourteau for making a great application that will automaticly update bpm's from correct calculated bpm's from the mixmeister program....

the impact is HUGE for me, as this will make my hiphop, rnb, lots of pop and rock collection in perfect bpm, and therefore work great with VDJ for beatmixing, loops and sample use....

its a revolution for me as a VDJ user, and can't really express enough how thankfull I am for the work from macourteau!!!

u are the man!! ;)

EVERYONE WHO PLAYS POP, HIPHOP, BREAKBEATS, RNB ETC SHOULD TRY THIS APP!! IT WILL MAKE VDJ MIXING INTO A WHOLE DIFFERENT WORLD!!

and also thanx to nawtboy for discovering the mixmeister bpm program!!

ALSO, ALL USER SHOULD READ THIS GUIDE TO ADJUST THE CBG AFTER THE BPM UPDATE
http://www.virtualdj.com/forum/display.html?topic=5408

and a little tip, some of the bpm's found by mixmeister need to be devided by 2 (half the bpm) to be correct. Many slow songs are calculated at double... just a tip :)

hopefully the vdj team will see the impact of this app, and give the credit deserved

my love,
dj in norway

Inviato Wed 30 Jun 04 @ 12:09 am
and really to interpreter for taking the initiative for a great script (would love to see you as member, with your talent, and hope u can find out about earlier database, good luck)....

and the vdj team for making xml database with editing possibilities...good!! :)

Inviato Wed 30 Jun 04 @ 2:26 am
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Thanks macourteau;
I haven't tried your app yet but that's great to see that you create helpfull app for everybody.

Clax

Inviato Wed 30 Jun 04 @ 4:38 am
ohhh clax u should it works like magic
and thanx macourteau

Inviato Wed 30 Jun 04 @ 5:36 am
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
I have found some tracks that are off but this is mixmeisters problem. Do you realize now any app that detects bpm and saves to txt can be used ! Or is this not possible? Was this small app written specifically for mixmeister ?

Inviato Wed 30 Jun 04 @ 6:26 am
no dude any app that writes it to txt could be used

Inviato Wed 30 Jun 04 @ 7:42 am
DJ Homeboy & others...
many tracks are off with Mixmeister, but not much...
so still a bit of adjustment is needed..

ist very quick with bpm arrows, also adjusting cbg is essential for good mix/loops/samples... and making sure the big cbg is at the first beat of each measure/pattern.

also, dividing some bpm's by 2 (half bpm) is needed for some songs.

but all in all, a great tool.. that will enter exact or almost exact bpm's in vdj database, so that no or little adjustment is needed, making life easier :)

and have to say it again, thanx to VDJ team for making xml database, opening up for editing possibilities ;)

but most of all, macourteau ... for using his free time to make this app for us all! macourteau, i love u!! lol ;)

dj in norway

Inviato Wed 30 Jun 04 @ 11:30 am
My app could be used with any .txt, but I would need to do a few modifications (nothing big though). I wrote this program specifically for the MixMeister program, but it can be changed easily.

Cheers, macourteau

Inviato Wed 30 Jun 04 @ 11:32 am
macourteau: i was owning final scratch but sold it because there were
hardware bugs. fs also have had problems with the bpm measurement. but
there was a program which fix bpm and write to mp3 idv3 tag. think it
was very fast (instead of mixmeister :), so maybe the next step of your
app is importing idv3 mp3 tags into vdj database? the program (and
theres a link with information of a bpm measurement algorithm) can be
found at http://www.flatfeetpete.com/finalscratch/index.html

call to vdj developers: please let me know if i you give me the
information about the structure of the old (1.09) database
[ ] yes
[ ] no
(well it's hard, but a few years ago i started a project about a tascam
us428 linux driver. 1 year i have waste my time because my
mails and post on their forum wasn't ever replied)

Inviato Wed 30 Jun 04 @ 10:12 pm
I'll see if I can find a library that can parse an id3tag really fast (important! lol) and get the bpm info from there... if so, I will certainly change my program to get the info there (no need to export MixMeister's file... great idea you had :))

Also, if I find such a library, I could add the option to import comments from the id3tag (is this necessary though?)

macourteau

Inviato Wed 30 Jun 04 @ 10:35 pm
I submitted an update to my program. It should be updated in the addons page shortly. Here are the new features:

- No need for a MixMeister file: the application now reads the BPM from the ID3Tag;
- Can now import comments from the ID3Tag into VDJ's database.

Cheers, macourteau

Inviato Thu 01 Jul 04 @ 1:11 pm
wow... so u made it!! ;) nice...

congratulation, and thanx for the app update :)

this is really cool, because more and more mp3's come with right bpm in tag (from other software, rip software, or dj's who share) - and guess we will see even more of this, as the bpm tag is pretty new :)

cool, now it can read bpm right from files... that's aweome :) u amaze me again.. lol ...

thanx

Inviato Thu 01 Jul 04 @ 1:30 pm
@macourteau

Thanks for all your efforts !

A suggestion tho. Why not make your utility a little more flexible by giving a check box or setup option to choose if the source of your utility an external text file -or- BPM Tag in Mp3 file ?

Some users may still choose to use another prog besides those that update the mp3 file and so option 1 would cover them.

Thanks again.... I think you & NatTboy should receive complimentary XP-10 controllers for all your contributions [:O)

Inviato Thu 01 Jul 04 @ 2:00 pm
Ok... if you say ppl could still prefer a .txt file, I'll add the option back... The only problem with that option is that my parser is tailored for the MixMeister .txt file -- and the MixMeister program also happens to write the ID3/TBPM tag (bpm tag); that's why I removed the option, since this would become repetitive. I might add advanced options on 'how' to parse the file so this would be compatible with other apps that generate .txt files.

macourteau

Inviato Thu 01 Jul 04 @ 2:23 pm
*UPDATE* New [again... I know lol] version available. The application can now read ID3Tags for BPM's, and comments. It can also parse .txt files that are Comma-separated, or Tab-separated. The default settings work well with the MixMeister file.

Cheers, happy b'day to VDJ, and good mixing :)

macourteau

Inviato Thu 01 Jul 04 @ 4:44 pm
thanx a lot !!!! the app is now a killer for now, and future!! :)

and happy birthday VDj!! :)

Inviato Thu 01 Jul 04 @ 4:50 pm
Thanks macourteau !

ok now one more question...

How can we get vDJ dev team to put out updates to vDJ as quickly as you do for your utility ?????????

It's a joke ATOMIX, just a joke .......LOL ! [:O)

Inviato Thu 01 Jul 04 @ 6:02 pm
LOL :)

Inviato Thu 01 Jul 04 @ 6:08 pm
Hehe that's because I'm not home for the summer, and there's nothing better to do here anyway :(... So I keep working on my apps (my computer here is waaaaayyyyy too slow to run VDJ, otherwise I'd be mixing all the time lol (celeron 600, 128mb ram, 800x600 max :'( ))

macourteau

Inviato Thu 01 Jul 04 @ 6:21 pm
NAWTBOYPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I'm with digi.....complimentary XP-10's!!!

:)

anyone else try my replay-music suggestion......

I have been using it with rhapsody......It's 9.99 a month for unlimited cd quality streams!!!

It's unbelievable how well it works....and for those it doesn't find you can tag them right in the program

Inviato Thu 01 Jul 04 @ 6:36 pm
91%