Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: DJ as an Entertainer

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

cyberiaPRO InfinityMember since 2004
All right,

The BPMs are precise, the playlists are thought through, ready to take Florida by the storm :)

Many times I have heard DJs say they are "entertainers," this even became cliche. To me, however, they did not do anything different as "entertainers", just used a different label to go by. So, my question to the group is this: should a DJ even try to do anything outside of spinning the music? If he does, how much interaction and in what form should it be? Will this be a good business idea?

What prompted me to ask this is the book "Make Some Noise"--check out the reviews, that will give you a basic idea at

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1929554028/qid=1088611973/sr=8-2/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i2_xgl14/104-0729866-3047967

I guess the goal being to be at the parties that the whole city speaks of, how much of a role does DJ have in that?

Inviato Wed 30 Jun 04 @ 4:23 pm
vbjackPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Party DJ's Usually MC an event - If you are not comfortable MC'ing then maybe you should find someone to do it for you. Usually someone with a lot of energy always works. You can just play good music for a crowd at a party or something but it is always better to have an MC to get the crowd going.

If I do a wedding or B-Day party or something like that I will have a friend do the MC'ing as I do not feel comfortable doing it.

Club/Bar DJ's usually will not do to much MC'ing just more spinning unless it is called for.

Just my 2 cents.

Inviato Wed 30 Jun 04 @ 4:48 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)