Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Latency or buffer?

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

andygHome userMember since 2004
Hi guys. I have downloaded the demo version and have to say I quite like it. The problem I have is that I can't find any way to increase the latency or buffer settings. I have only tried it at work but know from experience that my laptop can have skipping issues (2.4G Celeron, 512MB RAM, XP Home).

I tried the Traktor DJ Demo and you could increase the latency setting, and this seemed to work but it is much more expensive. Is there a way to adjust the settings in VDJ so that I can buy it instead?

I will be using it live so I want a reliable system.

BTW: I have done ALL the optimizations that I could find in this forum and on others.

Inviato Fri 02 Jul 04 @ 3:06 pm
AndyG

vDJ is the most reliable MP3 mixing software you will find. Most of the users on this forum will attest to that.

Just look around on the forum, you will find more praises for this software than competitive software users praise their software.

About latency, if you have latency or skipping problems, most likely it will be some problem with your hardware or setup.

If you are going to run vDJ on a machine with Microsoft Office toolbar, Yahoo Buddy add-ons and all sorts of little apps in memory......... you may very well experience problems.

I believe in having a dedicated machine for best results.......

Inviato Fri 02 Jul 04 @ 3:45 pm

Inviato Fri 02 Jul 04 @ 3:49 pm
andygHome userMember since 2004
The machine I am using is not dedicated in that I also use the internet on it, however I have set up a separate profile with everything that I don't use disabled (services and hardware) and I use this when using DJ software. When using Traktor with a latency setting of 60ms I have no problems but do get the occasional skip in VDJ.

I have already seen the optimization guide on this forum and followed it to the letter.

I take it from the replies I have had that it is not possible to increase latency and there is no buffer in the full version. Is that correct?

Inviato Fri 02 Jul 04 @ 4:04 pm
Sorry andyg

I guess the settings you are looking for are not there because they are just not needed.

My experience is that you should have as much RAM as possible. vDJ does a lot in RAM and 512Mb is probably the minimum you want to have.

As mentioned before, free up resources. Powerful features need powerful resources to work. The best thing would be to have a seperate partition on your machine with XP loaded without any bell and whistle options.

Inviato Sat 03 Jul 04 @ 4:40 am
In case this was not the answer you were looking for.... if you were really referring to latency between main out and cue, then I would highly recommend that you use a soundcard with Front / Rear outputs (i.e. 2 pairs of stereo outputs)

Latency may be evident between these channels if you use different soundcards.

Also look in the ASIO specifics of this software... you should find some answers there.

Inviato Sat 03 Jul 04 @ 6:34 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)