Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Hardware acceleration NOT working poll.

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Hi all,

Just thought I'd start a poll to see how many people aren't able to enable hardware acceleration in the video config tab without experiencing problems.

I know I'm not the only user experiencing this trouble but I would like to see how widespread this problem is.

Inviato Fri 01 Sep 06 @ 3:20 am
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
are u using a laptop? mine works fine, but users that have intel integrated video might have problems

Inviato Fri 01 Sep 06 @ 4:40 am
l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Yes I am using a laptop. Nvidia geforce 7400 256mb dedicated for the record.

Inviato Fri 01 Sep 06 @ 4:44 am
did your hardware accel work in 3.4? My first Dj Pc runs with hardware accel just fine and it's only a 9200se I just made sure that i have all the latest drivers, and latest direct x, which in the case of that pc makes no sense , as 9200se don't support directx 9, matter of fact it's the Pc i Use to check all the video's before they go on my new Dj Pc, but i find myself still taking it to gigs

Inviato Fri 01 Sep 06 @ 4:59 am
Are you using Nvidia's software to control the video card? how do you have the settings in the Nvida software?

Inviato Fri 01 Sep 06 @ 5:06 am
I Can and do use hardware acc. I'm using Dell 5150 with Geforce Go5200 (32mb dedicated). I have no problems BUT, somethimes video rendering will freeze on one deck (Usually right at the beginning of the night). I just open video config, change video output to window, disable, renable, then switch back to Geforce Go video. Then she's usually good to go for the rest of the night.

Video is smooth too. I found it intresting that this same video freeze issue (Usually one in three gigs) followed accross to vers ion 4.0!

Inviato Fri 01 Sep 06 @ 7:35 am
Works on stationary GF 6800GT

Inviato Fri 01 Sep 06 @ 8:48 am
Works for me (ATI X300- 128MB dedicated memory on a laptop)

Inviato Fri 01 Sep 06 @ 1:47 pm
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
daily use laptop: Dell CPXj with ATI Rage
v3.4 doesn't work with h/w accel
v4.0 doesn't work with h/w accel

gig laptop: HP ZD8000 with ATI X800 256MB dedicated
v3.4 works very well with h/w accel
v4.0 haven't installed here yet

Inviato Fri 01 Sep 06 @ 4:04 pm
works for me .... Laptop ATI X700 mobile

Inviato Fri 01 Sep 06 @ 4:05 pm
Hardware acceleration doesn't work on my Sony Vaio laptop - The built-in video card is a GeForce™ Go 6200 with TurboCache™ technology - The video plays for a few frames and then freezes (Audio continues playing OK.) Switching to Windows Media Player codec is the only way I can play videos with hardware acceleration.

On my desktop PC, hardware acceleration using the built-in decoder works fine (Ati Radeon X800)

The hardware acceleration problem may have something to do with video cards that share system memory (The video card in my laptop does this and my desktop PC has a dedicated card with its own on-board memory.)

Inviato Fri 01 Sep 06 @ 4:34 pm
I have the same problem; video is running ok, then freezes; audio goes on OK.

My specs: ASUS notebook, centrino duo, 2GB RAM, "Nvidia geforce 7300" <--- this is the cause of the problem. How to fix that? I tried downloading drivers off the official nvidia website but they do NOT work - can't install. I tried updating DirectX - nothing. Man, hardware acceleration is NOT working!! no way!

PS: changing the codec to Windows is not a good idea; image quality is worse, plus if you try to scratch, it freezes.

PS2: on 3.4 I had no problems with hard. accel.

Inviato Thu 09 Nov 06 @ 2:35 am
I have updated the drivers of the nvidia card on the unnoficial site. updated ok, but still hardware acceleration is NOT working. :(

Inviato Fri 10 Nov 06 @ 10:07 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)