Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Am I Going Crazy?

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Is it me or am I losing my mind?

Since upgrading to 4.1 the pitch/tempo sliders on my DAC-2 do not function very well. They'll move the onscreen indicator but not very well or in realtime, if at all.

The other is when I'm playing some background music I have VDJ in AUTOMIX mode. The first issue is the Cue points- they suck. Even if I have the Autocue Disabled it doesn't really disable it. The other is "how" it mixes the tracks. I have the crossfader set to smooth on about a 5.5 sec mix. Sometimes I'm lucky to get a nano-second mix, and the cue point jumps damned near the middle of a track.

This is happening on two machines now: one laptop and one PC. Both are AMD Athalon64 Processors with over a gig of ram. All background applications disabled or turned off.

What's going on?

Inviato Tue 17 Oct 06 @ 1:22 am
bigdaddy1969blue wrote :
Is it me or am I losing my mind?

Since upgrading to 4.1 the pitch/tempo sliders on my DAC-2 do not function very well. They'll move the onscreen indicator but not very well or in realtime, if at all.

The other is when I'm playing some background music I have VDJ in AUTOMIX mode. The first issue is the Cue points- they suck. Even if I have the Autocue Disabled it doesn't really disable it. The other is "how" it mixes the tracks. I have the crossfader set to smooth on about a 5.5 sec mix. Sometimes I'm lucky to get a nano-second mix, and the cue point jumps damned near the middle of a track.

This is happening on two machines now: one laptop and one PC. Both are AMD Athalon64 Processors with over a gig of ram. All background applications disabled or turned off.

What's going on?

I'd like to get to the bottom of how automix is causing songs to mix from the middle of the song. Hopefully some users who've experienced this will post their settings and help figure that out.

As for the crossfade times in automix, I found that changing the crossfade type in the config made longer and smoother transitions for me.

Inviato Tue 17 Oct 06 @ 1:38 am
Well, it's really driving me f'n bananas. I've tried optomizing the performance, trying auto, setting it to the lowest possible everything to see what happens- nada. The same thing happens. Different skins don't seem to matter much. Neither does adding more ram to the rig.

Help me Calgon!

Inviato Thu 19 Oct 06 @ 3:08 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Inviato Thu 19 Oct 06 @ 3:26 am
on 12/21/06 I updated to vdj 4.1 and I got the same thing! my DAC-2 stop responding!

Inviato Sat 23 Dec 06 @ 12:47 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Inviato Sat 23 Dec 06 @ 9:11 am
You know I once had problems with the DAC not responding and/or losing communication. Here is honestly what solved this. I actually was a power thing and I will say even a powered hub didn't fix it. When the bass hit is when I would lose communication. I switched the DAC to a different outlet and sure enough there were no more problems. I think the DAC is very sensitive when it comes to power. Anyone else experienced this??

Inviato Sun 24 Dec 06 @ 2:47 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)