Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: 1 Opinion, 1 Question - Page: 1

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

Phatt BPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hey Fellow Dj's

Question
I’ve been looking in the forum for what channel mixer you need to use two TT's with TCV. I think it mentioned that you need 4 channels? Just wondering if that was correct?

Opinion
I’m going to be buying TT's soon. I’ve come down to the choice of the Numark TT.500's or the Stanton T.120's. Both are very good decks. But I would just like to have an opinion from people with experience.
So which would be the better choice? At the moment I have been leaning towards the Stanton ones. But yea, dunno yet.

Peace Guys

Phatt B

Inviato Fri 20 Oct 06 @ 9:14 am
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
About your Q: actually you need 2 channel mixer. But if you want to use normal vinyls too, you need another 2 channels. But for only TC use, you need 2 and nothing else.

Don't really know about TTs, i have technics at home :)

Inviato Fri 20 Oct 06 @ 9:44 am
So...if you just want to use 2 turntables with tcv, you need a 2 channel.

but if you want 2 play normal vinyls, while it is hooked up to the computer you need more?

But you also only need 2 if u jus want 2 play 2 TT's, with out anything being connected to the computer..right? lol

i hope you can understand that...im kinda confusing myself

Inviato Fri 20 Oct 06 @ 9:57 am
Yes :) for 2 TTs you need 2 channels. That's all. If you want to use TC vinyls and normal vinyls at the same time without changing cables every time, you need 4 channel mixer.

But remember that to use normal vinyls, you need phono inputs at mixer if TT doesn't have preamplifier inside.

Inviato Fri 20 Oct 06 @ 10:06 am
Aha :) I gotcha! lol Thanks dude

Hey Xeon, is it hard to change over the cables?
Like would you recomned getting a four channel? becuase they are more expensive, and what im looking at buying is hopefully not going to exceed Aus$1 400. So if it isent to hard to change cables, I'll just stick with the 2 channel.

And
Anyone have opinions on the TT's iv mentioned? lol

Phatt B

Inviato Fri 20 Oct 06 @ 11:47 am
I have Denon 300 mixer and it has 2 line ins and 2 phono ins (which can become line too with switch) and so i have 4 channel at 2 channel mixer! I just can't use them all together. Look at similar mixer that has such a function. It's very useful ;)

With changing cables it could be problem sometimes. So rather look at good mixer. I have 2 switches to change between Line in and Phono in (2nd line in) at the top of mixer. Great feature.

Inviato Fri 20 Oct 06 @ 12:28 pm
Hmmm, sounds like a good plan to me!

Is that kind of mixer expensive?

What I was looking at was the Numark DM1002 Mk II. Cheap and some good functions.
But I might keep looking

Phatt B

Inviato Fri 20 Oct 06 @ 12:57 pm
Hi,

I use TCV and normal vinyl with a 2 channel mixer. All you got to do is split the input from your turntable with a stereo splitter. There's a guide to make one in the blogs, I think it's Coyote's. Not sure. Anyways, I think that you can manage with a 2 channel mixer. I use the Numark DMX Pro battle deck and tt-500s and all is going perfectly.

Inviato Fri 20 Oct 06 @ 1:36 pm
All you need is a stero splitter??? wow lol, simple!

Oh Karloptimux, how do the TT 500's fair?, coz i still want some opinions lol

Thanks for the stero spliter tip!

Phatt B

Inviato Fri 20 Oct 06 @ 1:39 pm
The tt-500 are the best budget solution for turntablist. It got MASSIVE torque, Im speaking 5kg/cm here which will start/stop a disc in about 0.2 seconds. If you are more into the perfect beat to beat mix you have to look more into the Technics which have almost a flawless wow&flutter. I loaded 2 Ortophon pinks on the tt-500 and I must admit I was almost thrown off my chair. It's, for a scratch dj, as good as a technic would be and even, to my eyes, better. So, cheap price, good performance and neat look, do you need anything more? :)

PS. Numark products got about the highest bad unit reports on the industry. So be carefull when you buy and be sure you can obtain support if ever its needed.

Karlo.

Inviato Fri 20 Oct 06 @ 1:55 pm
Yea, I've scratched on them b4, becuase my mate has a pair, and they are pretty cool!
But I just wanted others opinions, becuase I dont know that much about them.

So thank you for that!

Has anyone got any experience with the Stanton 120's?
or know anyone with them?

Thanks so far for your help guys!

Inviato Fri 20 Oct 06 @ 2:02 pm
Phatt B wrote :
All you need is a stero splitter??? wow lol, simple!

Oh Karloptimux, how do the TT 500's fair?, coz i still want some opinions lol

Thanks for the stero spliter tip!

Phatt B

yes, with y-splitter and 2 channel mixer like Denon 300 (pretty cheap, but sold out) :)

also, I dotn even use stereo splitters in my setup, I just split my RCA. You need 4 splitters. One for each input of each turntable. You split the both of them and one goes in Line-in(tcv), the other goes in Phono(vinyl). Just switch from phono to line-in to get the input you want.

Hope this help.
Karlo.

Yep Yep! That helps heaps. Thank you.
Well I think that solves that problem about my mixer. The Numark DM1002 MkII (the mixer I’m looking at) has two line-in inputs and two phono inputs so that’s good. And it isn’t to expensive. So it suits me :)

Thanks for all your help so far guys!

Still calling for someone who knows about the 120’s lol

Phatt B

Inviato Fri 20 Oct 06 @ 2:16 pm
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Phatt B, I can speak about the two Numark products but not the stanton sorry. I had the Mixer and while yes good functions for the price the crossfader is garbage. You can buy replacement xfaders for I think about $25US so the good news it's replaceable, the bad news is you will be replacing it. Mine lasted 2 months before cracks and pops. I gave it to DJ Guage who I know still uses it. He replaced the crossfader (and did quite a wild paint job on it)

The 500's I bought at the same time. They are great, I really like them. Great torque, nice adjustable start/stop, and a fast reacting reverse. The also have a good wow and flutter rating. I use 1200's in the club and I actually prefer the 500's (although w&f I think is a little better on the technics).

Inviato Fri 20 Oct 06 @ 3:37 pm
Hmm, that gets me reconsidering the mixer...yet again lol. But thatnk you for that infomation djej.

Well since everyone seems to know more about the 500's, I think I might turn my eye to them, they seem more popular. There isent much price differnce either.

So thanks for that djej, much apreciated.

Inviato Fri 20 Oct 06 @ 3:57 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
use mk2 console lol ?

Inviato Fri 20 Oct 06 @ 4:07 pm
Yea, I've looked at the MkII, but its a bit on the expensive side. So I think I'm going to stick to buying a 2 channel mixer

Thanks for the suggestion anyway

Inviato Fri 20 Oct 06 @ 4:33 pm
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
No problem Phatt B. If you don't plan on doing scratching it will probably last longer then mine as I did beat on it.

Inviato Fri 20 Oct 06 @ 9:04 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I too have the TT500s and they rock in my oppinion, when i was looking for TTs i nearly got the stanton STR8 -100s (the old t 120 i think) but decided to stick with the numarks. was the rite choice. linear and S tonearms for the price of one too!

the numark mixer i got with it tho (DM3050) has had a replacement crossfader and the new one is starting to crap out too now. mixer has also had a dodgy connection on one of the RCAs on the back, had to be soldered, also the crossfader was a bitch to replace, all the screws are gunned in super tight and are not very strong so they mushed, all had to be drilled out and re-tapped for larger diameter screws. if you can afford it dont replace it with another numark fader. cost me £25 and a super duper fader is only like 40 or 50. (by the way im not a scratch DJ, just simple fades and maybe a punchin or 2)

great mixer other than that, but if you get £400 quids worth of decks and put it with £80 of 3 ch mixer there are going to be some cut corners with the mixer.

Inviato Sat 21 Oct 06 @ 2:13 am
61%