Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Program Hooks for External Databases

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

ChrisBoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
It seams a lost cause to get ID3 searching working 100% and there always seem to be other options people want for searching. I know that (oldschool) winamp had an SDK that allowed you to pass a particular file to a particular instance of winamp to start playing it. I think even the ability to progamatically pass a filename to the playlist would help. If there were a way for developers to create music management programs and remotely add songs to VDJ, a lot of database complaints could be addressed by non-VDJ programmers. Is there a way to do this that I'm missing from the SDK stuff?

Inviato Tue 24 Oct 06 @ 9:26 pm
Nice idea. The only problem I see is speed and stabillity.
It has been stated before that other file / music database management will be implemented. See this forum for more topics about id3 tags and music management.
Ewout

Inviato Wed 25 Oct 06 @ 12:15 am
ChrisBoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I'm not sure how speed and stability would be effected by outside hooks. Skins and plugins efectively already provide outside hooks. Obviously the internal programing uses a filename somewhere to load the audio file, all I'm asking for is the ability for an external program to be able to pass that information into the program directly. The ability for an external database to provide a drag and drop interface would work (since you can drag and drop from explorer already), but the ability to pass the information programatically would make it a bit cleaner.

Inviato Wed 25 Oct 06 @ 4:41 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)