Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: I NEED HELP

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

balmungHome userMember since 2006
hey, i just started to mix recently, i dont know how to use most of the porgram, but what botrhers me is i dont know the lsightest clue how to use cues or how to use your microphone on with one of the songs before i mix it with another, also creating your own loops is a giant question mark for me too. not only do i want to know how to use this program to its fullest extent but i want to also buy a beginner dj set or whatever is best fro someone starting out.....any tips? please and thank you

Inviato Thu 02 Nov 06 @ 3:51 pm
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
To use the microphone, you have to control it through windows sound control panel, the soundcards software or the other choice is to use the microphone plugin on the downloads page, but thats only downloadable for registered users. For learning the software on your own you can look in the Virtualdj programs folder and find the User manual there.
for help mixing you can use the Mix Lessons forum
of course you can always plug the mic into an external source and use it from there

Inviato Thu 02 Nov 06 @ 3:57 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
heya there
(balls beaten - by faster typers lol may still be valid)

1. to cue songs click on the bit of the song you would like to start from and right click and press add cue or on the full skin of 4.1r2 press one of the hot cue buttons to assign a cue

2.to use a microphone you can download plugins to easily control this however you must be a pro user to have acess ,

3. to create samples/loops , on the full skin , look at the sample/loop box you will notice a drop down menu pick a blank sample slot and press record , this will record a sample/loop of the song playing at that point.

some helpful qs for u :)

do you want to use cd , or vinyl ?
do you wish to use TCCD or TCV?
do you want an midi mixer ? ie mk2 to control the software yet mix decks and cds

if you like this program you should buy it it will help you lots

hope these ideas help if you need any more help just ask and the nice people here will help :)

Inviato Thu 02 Nov 06 @ 3:59 pm
wow LOL that was super quick replies, thanks alot for the help, i would liek to use cd,midi i dont knwo what TCCD or TCV means lol which ever is best..my proice range is maximum for now 500$. another question....i am such a beginner i dont even know what cues do yep pretty pathetic but i must learn! um thanks alot for replying to my posts. so asks for the microphone, is there an option in virtual dj to only hear one of the 2 songs ill be mixing or is there sometihng im missing here? haha thanks guys!!!

Inviato Thu 02 Nov 06 @ 4:20 pm
balmung wrote :
wow LOL that was super quick replies, thanks alot for the help, i would liek to use cd,midi i dont knwo what TCCD or TCV means lol which ever is best..my proice range is maximum for now 500$. another question....i am such a beginner i dont even know what cues do yep pretty pathetic but i must learn! um thanks alot for replying to my posts. so asks for the microphone, is there an option in virtual dj to only hear one of the 2 songs ill be mixing or is there sometihng im missing here? haha thanks guys!!!

tccd - time code cd

tcv - time coded vinyl

these technologies allow you to scratch on your turntable / your cd player (if it supports scratch)

to use cd you would need two cd players which support sratching

good cd players can cost $500 each

to use this you need tccd , 2 players , and a suitable asio soundcard such as the maya 44 usb

you could use a mk2 as your mixer and control the pc and use timecode easily with it

do you mean prelisten? listening to a song before you play it with live tunes still playing?

Inviato Thu 02 Nov 06 @ 4:33 pm
YES EXACTLY pre-listen. i duno hwo to do that haha. yea so then i would have ot get the TCCD ro what not right? so around 500 for each table holy shit lol thats money up the ass but i'll do it i wanna get godly. umm so where abouts would i go to purchasing an item like this. are there any like good online stores or something like that? and asks for the video card..im lacking, im jsut usign my ASUS N-force 3 on board sound. also is it possible ot hook up virtual DJ with any of the items i would purchase? cause that would be sick. lol thanks alot to replying...again, big help seriosuly :)

Inviato Thu 02 Nov 06 @ 4:42 pm
balmung wrote :
YES EXACTLY pre-listen. i duno hwo to do that haha. yea so then i would have ot get the TCCD ro what not right? so around 500 for each table holy shit lol thats money up the ass but i'll do it i wanna get godly. umm so where abouts would i go to purchasing an item like this. are there any like good online stores or something like that? and asks for the video card..im lacking, im jsut usign my ASUS N-force 3 on board sound. also is it possible ot hook up virtual DJ with any of the items i would purchase? cause that would be sick. lol thanks alot to replying...again, big help seriosuly :)

to use prelisten you need a special soundcard

the mk2 mixer allows this so do many others
http://www.virtualdj.com/products/hardware.html#djc2

tcv and tccd are for hooking up to virtual dj to control , songs if you slow them down so does the songs , if you sratch so does it

http://www.virtualdj.com/products/timecode/

of course all of these require virtual dj pro @ 299 usd
where do u live ?

Inviato Thu 02 Nov 06 @ 4:58 pm
canada, ontario, oakville and brapmton

Inviato Thu 02 Nov 06 @ 5:07 pm

Inviato Thu 02 Nov 06 @ 5:20 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)