Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Laptop constant noise in backgound with AC adpter

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hi,

I've just used VDJ in a club and I had problem with my laptop's power supply adapter. It seems that whenever I use VDJ with the AC adapter, I get a static ground noise in the background. If I run the laptop on the battery, I don't get the noise.

I use the AC adapter at home where I have a typical stereo that I plug the audio in the AUX with bookshelf speekers and It works fine. However, in the club when I plug my laptop's soundcards to their mixer I get that noise.

Is this problem familiar with you all?

Inviato Tue 27 Jul 04 @ 9:59 pm

Inviato Tue 27 Jul 04 @ 10:15 pm
Not sure what ground loop is, but i know if my laptop power cables runs too close to the speaker cables that it interferes with the sound.
Keep em as far apart as poss!!

Inviato Tue 27 Jul 04 @ 10:38 pm
dmannPRO InfinityMember since 2003
To solve the noise problem related to a ground loop simply go the store and purachase a "ground lift adapter" it converts the 3 leg plug to a 2 leg plug eliminating the ground leg hense eliminating the noise caused by the ground loop. I use one on my lap top to solve the same problem. Prices range from $1 to $5 (US) therefore it is a cheap fix. So please don't be so quick to blame the software before you explore other potential causes.
Peace =))
D MANN

Inviato Tue 27 Jul 04 @ 10:46 pm
yes... in usa u can remove the ground plug, that is not possible in europe :) so a ground loop eliminator is the solution.... or plug into a non grounded power (although grounding is safty issue for your pc, so ground loop eliminator is better)

and he did not actually blame the software ;) he just said he had a problem with connection pc to powercord

Inviato Tue 27 Jul 04 @ 11:07 pm

Inviato Wed 28 Jul 04 @ 5:13 am
Thanks guys. I'll try your solutions and let you know

Inviato Wed 28 Jul 04 @ 4:18 pm
Just like dmann told you it will cost like a $1.00 or what I did I got another D-plug and just take the ground off.

Inviato Wed 28 Jul 04 @ 6:38 pm
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
I also have found that a usb device such as my cable modem can cause this.

Inviato Wed 28 Jul 04 @ 6:53 pm
You could create a "ground lift" yourself.
Get a plug (220V in the Netherlands) a power cord, a connection block. Attach all together, make sure that you dont attach the "earth" wire (Yellow/green in the Netherlands) in the plug. so only the positive and negative wire are attached.
Hope this is clear
Ewout

Inviato Wed 28 Jul 04 @ 7:30 pm
Thank you guys, I've tried pluging the AC plug to a power bar that had no ground plug and it works.

Cheers!

Inviato Sat 07 Aug 04 @ 2:52 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)