Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Version 4 Sound Setup has Changed !

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hi All,
Before VDJ v4 my sound card/s were setup like this:

ESI JULI@: L/R Split with Y cables into mixer channel 1 & 4 for deck A/B,

AND>

Soundcard on motherboard for Samples : setup in front/rear Speaker out, front for first 6 slots & rear for next 6, into ch 2 & 3 on mixer

^^^^^THIS SETUP WORKED GREAT^^^^^^

Since you cant setup CONFIG in VDJ to do this any more I NEED A NEW SOUND CARD ! ! !

So what Sound Cards can handle the above setup & Sound Config in VDJ ? ? ? ? ?
Ive found these Soundcards that I think can do it:

>ESI 192 Waveterminal 192M

>Delta 1010LT
10-In/10-Out PCI Virtual Studio

>Audiotrak MAYA1010 24bit 96khz 10 Channel PCI Recording System

any HELP/SUGGESTION'S would be great

THANKS

ChrisB

Inviato Sun 19 Nov 06 @ 9:29 am
NiemsPRO InfinityMember since 2006

Inviato Sun 19 Nov 06 @ 10:06 am
Hi Niems.
thanks for that the first one would prob do the job (but no midi) the secend one theres not enough outs I could only see 2 1/4 inch outs !!! anyway I have a mobile rack mount pc that I use for production aswell so I wont be getting a laptop.
check the pc case out its the gear http://www.istarusa.com/divipcdiv/d-300s2.htm !
ChrisB

Inviato Sun 19 Nov 06 @ 4:20 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
thats one class case

Inviato Sun 19 Nov 06 @ 5:25 pm
Has this change in the sound config annoyed anyone else ? I liked being able to allocate single out puts, it was more user/hardware friendly ! THE DEV TEAM SHOULD LOOK AT CHANGING IT BACK TO SORT OF HOW IT WAS (just the input/output routing)

I KNOW IM NOT THE ONLY ONE !

Inviato Thu 23 Nov 06 @ 2:33 am
Nobody, I guess I get new sound card then !!!

Inviato Tue 12 Dec 06 @ 5:45 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
how rude of me

try a 4.1 or 7.1 sound setup

assign the channels as you wish

if you need more help my msn is on my blog

Inviato Tue 12 Dec 06 @ 6:34 pm

The advanced soundconfig might come back in next release.
Its been asked for :)

Inviato Tue 12 Dec 06 @ 6:59 pm
east 17Home userMember since 2006
i am russian. i whant download samples. You have written messages. i written message. what to do?

Inviato Tue 12 Dec 06 @ 7:14 pm

You write message, I write message...

look here : http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/samples.html ;)

Most samples are reserved for full licence users, so you might consider buying the software for accsess to all goodies ;)

Inviato Tue 12 Dec 06 @ 7:17 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
check out the terratec phase 88, what i got, the I/O box is 5.25@ and desigend to fit into anormal computer bay so its all screwed in and doesnt move about, plus easy access being on the front. plus its got midi in and out rite on the front plate too

gotta aggree with the not going PCI thing tho, USB and firewire is going to be about for a good while but PCI is allready going out of fasion. pretty soon it will be gone and you will have a useless sound card, if you can get a PCIE express card that may be worth concidering but having the laptop and desktop options available is goign to be a good bet if your spending that kind of money on a decent one

Inviato Tue 12 Dec 06 @ 8:26 pm
I will wait for next VDJ update and take it from there I think ! there may be some new options come out in the new year !

Inviato Wed 13 Dec 06 @ 1:07 am
Just found this in regards to PCI-Express :

Last week we published our review of the SoundBlaster X-Fi Fatality soundcard from Creative Labs. One of the questions that remained to be answered was why Creative decide to go for a PCI only based soundcard, we found out that in the near future there will not be a PCI-Express version of the sound card. Steve Erickson, vice president for Creative's audio products was kind enough to answer this particular question specifically, here's his take:

As far as PCI Express (PCIe) is concerned, which is the next bus, what we found is that the performance of PCIe is truly bad for audio. We are seeing four times degradation on the bus for audio.

PCIe is designed for graphics and high data transfer, but audio sends very small packets and the overhead can be very big! Moving the data across PCIe is much, much higher than PCI. So what we have to do is go back to the drawing board and work on the transport part of the chip and re-design it to add more silicon to overcome some of the problems we had with PCIe. So for us to come up with a PCIe solution is going to take a while because we have to overcome the problems we're facing with that bus.

MMMMMMMMM.....

Has anyone seen ONE yet ?????? if so LMK !

Chrisb

Inviato Wed 13 Dec 06 @ 3:06 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)