Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: 'Move to Top' feature in the playlist

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

When I use the playlist feature I want to take a song from let's say the bottom of the list and put it at the top of the list. I have to keep dragging it up part by part. Is there any faster way or a shortcut to move it to the top?

Funkmasterfrank
skyfxl

Posted Sun 26 Nov 06 @ 01:41:24

i think u need to drag sorry

cstoll

Posted Sun 26 Nov 06 @ 01:41:42

Drag song from Playlist to the SideList, scroll to the top of the Playlist, then drag from SideList to Top of Playlist.

Unfortunately there is not a 'Move to Top' feature in the playlist. But you could suggest it in the New Features section of the forum.

Inviato Sun 26 Nov 06 @ 2:10 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
in other words :

New Feature - Playlist Ordering shortcut options :)

aslo feel this would be useful

Inviato Sun 26 Nov 06 @ 2:11 am
well yea like if you set up a set for a dancer and you wanna go take a break then the next dancer all of a sudden wanna request a few songs to b played on her set.u can put one song on idle deck but the rest would b @ bottom of list.. u should be able to just drag songs to laylist where you want them to play next .(guess thats why ialways have a helper with me)lol

Inviato Wed 29 Nov 06 @ 7:24 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
"u should be able to just drag songs to laylist where you want them to play next "

-- U can drag a track to a playlist where ever you want. The playlist doesn't shift viewing position, so if you leave the scroll up where you are always looking at the top of the play list, then you can always drag from the browser and place at the top of the list.

Inviato Wed 29 Nov 06 @ 9:52 am
cstoll,

I create a playlist for the purpose of ONLY using the playlist to run my evening unless a special request is needed. I've been Dj over 32 years and still play 80% of the classics which are always viewible in the playlists. When my playlist is larger than can be viewible and I decide I want to move a song up to the top from the bottom of the list I would like a simple feature where I can right click on the song and it give me the choice to put it as next, 2nd or 3rd. Other software offers this as it is very quick to move songs around. At an event many decisions are made last seconds depending on your dance floor and mood. I have 100,000 songs in my database so to scroll through each song to find something to play based on the mood in the room is impossible so I use the playlist of other evenings. As soon as I see a song that fits better to the mood I would like to just use a shortcut to either load it directly to the player or next in line. Dragging from the bottom or transfering to the side view seems redundant. A shortcut by right clicking or a shortcut via the keyboard is a much easier resolution.

Funkmasterfrank

Inviato Thu 30 Nov 06 @ 4:43 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
OK so let me set the scene....

You start your event with Playlist 'Z' that has 100 songs already listed
After about the 8th song you realize you should play a song that you know is in Playlist 'Z' but it is at position 77 [way down in the list]... So you have 2 choices

• 1. Scroll down to the 77th position in the playlist panel and now wiggle your way back to the top [which requires shifting and sliding of the default view in playlist - always seeing whats next in line]

• 2. Use the navigation panel at the far left, click on the favorite folder titled Playlists, Find the Playlist 'Z' and click on it. This will display the contents of the playlist in the center browser panel. Now you can navigate up and down through the list find the song at position 77 that you wanted to play, and because you never moved the Playlist panel you can drag song 77 straight to the positions 1, 2, 3 and so on.

So now the night continues and you now want to play a song from Playlist 'B' of some other event. You repeat step 2 above, find the playlist from the playlist favorite, find the track in the center browse panel and again the Playlist panel never moved so you are able to drag and drop the song from showning Playlist 'B' tracks (center panel) into position 1,2,3 or where ever.

I hope I captured your scenario and offered you options. Remember I am not disagreeing with the recommendation - I know I would use a 'Move to Top' feature. But currently there are solutions to what you are asking. btw, I run through these scenerios every time I DJ. An I use the Playlist panel as a personal memory bank/request list holder (I don't use it for AutoMixing) but what you describe for the most part is what most DJs go through in an average night.

Again, I hope this helps.

cstoll

Inviato Fri 01 Dec 06 @ 1:00 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)