Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Hesitation & Popping

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

trcmPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I've been having issues with hesitation and popping.

I have a new Delll Laptop purchased two weeks ago.
Inspiron E1705, Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T7400 2.16GHZ/667MHz
2GB Ram
256MB ATI Mobility Radeon X 1400 Hypermemory Video Card

It has been cleaned of softawre it came with. XP professional Pack2, only, has been reinstalled.

VirtulaDJ runs perfect when only usingi it with the laptop istself. Once a External sound card is used
through fire wire the problem starts with hesiitation and popping.

Changing setting such as latency, CPU , Config setting in Options,Performance. different Skins has not helped.

Is there a way I can fix this problen so I can use and external sound card with this laptop.

I have also burn new time code CD's thinking it may be a time code issue.

once again it runs fine just using the laptop.

Inviato Sun 03 Dec 06 @ 1:55 am
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
can you describe what you mean by hesitation and popping. does it happen constantly or just sometimes?

Inviato Sun 03 Dec 06 @ 3:18 am
I have the same loptop you have but mine is 15 Inch and I am having exactly the same problem you currently have. I have tryed making changes under performance tab (information I read on this forums and nothing the popping and distortion on the music comes back again. I think that VirtualDj needs to help us and try I guess to come out with an update to fix this issue. My loptop is dell E1505 core2duo xp media center edition t7200@2.00GHZ, 997 MHz, 2.00GB RAM, Harddrive 100GB 7200 with a Numark DXM01 Mixer and 2 XP10.

the loptop by itself as you had mention does not give you any problem but when it comes to using the mixer you get this distrotion on music and popping sound when playing. I have read all the forum regarding this issue and still have the problem. I hope we get any info patch or update from Virtual DJ.

Inviato Sun 03 Dec 06 @ 6:30 am
NiemsPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Unlucky guys

The dell's give a hell of problems with VDJ, and in most cases there isnt a fix. This is something Dell has done to their hardware apparently, and there have been a lot of guys with similar problems with dells...

Inviato Sun 03 Dec 06 @ 9:17 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Inviato Sun 03 Dec 06 @ 11:06 am
what is the soundcard? it's firewire? is the windows default firewall still enabled across your 1394(firewire) port?

Inviato Sun 03 Dec 06 @ 1:53 pm
sp2 and firewire problems go hand in hand.......you can work around it fortunately

Inviato Sun 03 Dec 06 @ 1:57 pm
The optimizations under config did not help....that tells me VDJ isn't the culprit ( which maybe the exact opposite of what others could conclude) the Dell laptop was fine until the soundcard showed up ,makes me think Dell is not to blame ......2 Gb of ram is plenty of ram,no problem with system specs.....I would say that the problem is to get the soundcard to be more compatible with Windows (XP Pro sp2?)......In order to get the answer straight outta the "horses mouth" I would query tech support of the soundcard.
Then do what they tell ya......

Inviato Sun 03 Dec 06 @ 2:26 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
@trcm and dbest4u2 --- when you setup your 'external' sound in VirtualDJ, is it the ONLY primary soundcard or are you setting it up as a 2nd sound card?

cstoll

Inviato Sun 03 Dec 06 @ 2:41 pm
Anyone try vista yet? Does it give you manual IRQ configuration or is it still all automatic thrown in there by the op system?

Inviato Sun 03 Dec 06 @ 2:47 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
i got vista
on one machine ultimate edition the sound quality is greatly benified from the new sound engines
u still gota check the irq in the device manager tho

Inviato Sun 03 Dec 06 @ 3:06 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
i have a e1505 and run it with a u46, everything runs fine. The only issue i had was when i plug in my AC apater it would stutter badly. I figured it was a power issue because running on battery only had flawless playback, so i traced the problem to the video card. When i use the battery the video card(x1400) would be in a power saving mode (powerplay under ati catalyst)allowing the soundcard enough power. Try disabling everything not in use(ehternet,firewire,buetooth,wifi,etc.). In my case the u46 was not getting enough power from the usb, so i can either minimize the x1400 power or power the u46 itself

Inviato Sun 03 Dec 06 @ 3:30 pm
cstoll i have 2 Xp10 controllers that I order from HTTP://eks.fi ( it took me like 23 days to get them since they come from Europe I guess) so my loptop assigns them as USB1 and USB2 for sound. if I do not use a mixer with controllers it works fine, meaning that if I use VDJ by it self I have no problems. Right now I am working trying on going to start - run - msconfig and disable under the startup all the startup items. So far the poping sounds and distortions have stop but I have not try the system for more than 30 minutes. This week I will try it longer and I will let dell users know my outcome.

if the above does not work my next step will be disable the 1394 Net adapter and my dell wireless 1500 draft 802.11n WLAN mini-card. Because I can see under the program DPC Latency checker V1.0.0 that the wireless adapter has a lot of activity while is on getting its signal. So stay tune....

Inviato Mon 04 Dec 06 @ 6:29 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I think you are on the right track.

FYI for all... if you are running anything in the background - wireless connections, anti-virus apps, firewall apps, other applications not related to using VDJ - you take it upon your own risk as to performance problems. It is a known FACT that those type of processes consume processor and memory resources that can interfere with VDJ. So, before you say it's VDJ having problems stop those types of processes. Also, it doesn't matter how PHAT of a system you have - it's a matter of processor interrupts and memory management not speed and quantity of resources.

Inviato Mon 04 Dec 06 @ 11:00 pm
exactly....i turned off a lot of stuff,power mgmt options are all set to never,turned off the wireless connectivity,even windows themes, i look like 9x...... that's why i said above that compatibility w/ windows is the real culprit.

Inviato Tue 05 Dec 06 @ 1:28 am
Problem Fix……So Far, in one of the forums DJcel wrote to check this page http://www.thesycon.de/eng/latency_check.shtml

I checked this page, read the instructions carefully ,download the program and runned. I was able to check what was causing my problem. So I found the problem it was with the networks (the 1394 Net adapter and wirelesss network on are an issue with VDj) which I disable and problem temporarly fix. I also had to go to settings and under performance tab i had to adjusted because I was getting distortion sound so that setting for my laptop is: preset closer to fastest, latency 512(11ms), check Overlock, optimize for quality, Enhanced Algoritm filter size 11, Low pass filter 11, master tempo fast

I dont even need run msconfig and disable all the start up progrmas, ist that cool.

My Dell system is working fine now (Hope it continuos like that. It is worth the try, Once you are not using VDJ you can enable the settings you have disable. Read Instructions carefully so you understand the process.

Inviato Tue 05 Dec 06 @ 10:21 pm
Glad you found it. If we didn't have djcel....
Ewout

Inviato Tue 05 Dec 06 @ 11:20 pm

Inviato Tue 05 Dec 06 @ 11:26 pm

Inviato Wed 06 Dec 06 @ 12:25 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
dj-in-norway wrote :
http://www.thesycon.de/eng/latency_check.shtml

What tool??

a latency checker could be valuable..

Don't you follow my posts lol

Inviato Wed 06 Dec 06 @ 5:25 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)