Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: virtual dj wont sync up with turntables

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

ok i have 2 tehcnics sldz1200 digital turntables and i finally got them to work with virtual dj but it wont sync up correctly. i tried playing with the settings but none of them get close. like when the song is playing and i stop the platter from spinning, it takes about 1 second for virtual dj to recognize it. and it sux since i'm trying to scratch with it. my pc specs are WinXP MCE, p4 3.2 GHz, and 1 Gb of memory. its going thru my sound card thru the line in jack. anyhelp would be appreciated.

Inviato Sun 03 Dec 06 @ 9:29 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
try to lower your profrmance tab

and change the timecode setting to absolute

Inviato Sun 03 Dec 06 @ 9:38 pm
What sound card are you using? For timecode mode you will need a proper sound card with low latency Asio drivers like the u46dj.
Ewout

Inviato Sun 03 Dec 06 @ 10:53 pm
i have lowered my performance tab but its still slow. i dont know what sound card, its in my pc. it looks like a standard pci sound card with the usual line-in, mic, and speakers jack. its made by realtek and it says it can do hdaudio. i also downloaded the asio 4 all drivers and it also works but goes slow. i guess i gotta test is out some more.

Inviato Sun 03 Dec 06 @ 11:11 pm
That is probably the reason for the slow response. The realtek probably does not have Asio drivers. Then you need to use the wma (Windows) drivers. Then you probably have a latency of about 30ms or worse. This is not workable.
For timecode use you will need a better soundcard.
Ewout

Inviato Sun 03 Dec 06 @ 11:24 pm
ok...imma get that u64 external card and see if that works. i sure hope it does.

Inviato Mon 04 Dec 06 @ 11:40 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
try www.asio4all.com

Inviato Mon 04 Dec 06 @ 11:43 pm
yeah i had used those asio4all drivers but i found out something. i rebooted my computer and only left 1 program open (azureus) to download for about 2 hours. then when i got back home 2 hours later, i booted up virtual dj and it was in sync!!!!! but the sad thing is that it only lasted about 20-25minutes. its pretty kool but now i gotta figure out why it gets outta sync 20 minutes into using it. i got 3.2ghz and 1gb of memory so i'm guessing its the sound card. i already ordered the u64dj usb sound card so i gotta wait and see

ALSO while i was testing it out, i would press some button but the song wouldnt move when i spinned the turntable. and it would take about 10 minutes for it to normal. but the record the vdj would be spinning whenever i spinned the turntable. its weird. anybody what would cause that?

Inviato Tue 05 Dec 06 @ 5:08 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)