Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: VDJDB, a dbserver for store and retrive xml db info

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

VoltronPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi,
I'm from years into databases & webapplications. I was thinkin if can be useful to create a web app for upload virtualdj xml file in a web site, store automatically into a dbserver (it can be also distribuited) and permit to retrive songs dinamically queryin db like in this pseudocode written by me:

Onloadintodeck event:
if Song_is_into_localxmldb then
Retrive info
else
If (internetconnection available) then
connect into one of distribuited db_server
Select * from songs where filename="whatuhavedraggedintodeck" (..and other conditions)
if song not found into db then
analize ur file
store info in ur localdb
send this info to dbserver and eventually update it
else //it means that ur song is on db
Retrive song info and if exist some image, download and show it somewhere into virtualdj
end if
else //song is not into ur xml file and u havent internet connection
analize ur file
store info in ur localdb
end if
end if

DjKAD

Inviato Thu 14 Dec 06 @ 7:46 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
nice;)

Inviato Thu 14 Dec 06 @ 1:02 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
how about a shared dataabse so that you can see if there is a BPM and some cue points for the song allready worked out by someone else. i can gaurantee the same files i have in my music conllection are in atleast one other VDJ users collection, the data involved is tiny for each song

what doyou think

Inviato Sun 17 Dec 06 @ 5:21 am
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Presumably a shared database would only work if the songs were exactly alike though. The filesize, filename, track length, bit rate etc would have to match in order for the database to recgnise the track, and seeing as most of us do our own encoding, i doubt this would happen very often!

Inviato Sun 17 Dec 06 @ 6:38 am
VoltronPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Of course. I have put (...and other conditions) intentionally
this row will be something like:
Select * from songs where filename="whatuhavedraggedintodeck" and bpm="bpmofsounguhavedragged" and
filesize="filesizeofblablabla"
And so on..
i'll start to implement db today. With an hash function we can evict duplicated or recognize same song with different filename.

Inviato Sun 17 Dec 06 @ 1:57 pm
djbiggaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Sounds like an excellent idea!

Inviato Sun 17 Dec 06 @ 10:10 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)