Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: scan and list features

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Paz75PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Greetings,

New user to Cue for a few days now. Have to say I love it. After tracking dj software for years I wasnt interested until now (albeit I went to sleep on the issue the last year)

Now some requests from my part, even though I will be buying the product soon. Have to blackmail santa to double up this year ;-)

SCANNING HD
-optional checkbox for the analyze feature to update list rather than systematically re-analyze all files. I'd like to specify to full-scan but skip items already in the db. It seems nonsensical to me to update by non-bpm scan and have to click. I literally have 200gig of files and it always crashes at some point.

Background Scanning
-lower the thread priority drastically for optional background scanning, possibly a config menu option

24-bit support?
-this would be helpfull, as I a quite unhappily had to resample down my 24-bit digitized vinyl collection to use this software

Movable playlist columns
-Im too used to seeing artist first, track name later. Moving columns would be fantastic

Selectable playlist columns based on ID3v2 standard
-self explanatory

Better Listen function
-the playlist > listen function seems basic and buggy, has crashed on numerous occasions especially if i already have two tracks playing, maybe thats why. the popup seems like a hasty addon feature. integrate this with the console more? personally if i want to hastily check a song as per vinyl operations, i just want to hear one quarter of the track, ie 1/4, 2/4, 3/4, etc. why not have a fast right click preview 1, preview 2 to assign the channel for preview quick and/or add some shortcuts which will help assign which part of the track you want to hear. almost all music of electronic genre generally has a highly indistinguishable beginning. key shortcut would be something like 1/4-ch 1, 1/4 2-ch and so on.

Higher granularity pitch rheostat
-even on the lowest setting of +-8%, i find using the mouse to pitch is great but not quite granular enough. find that i jump .2 minimum of a bpm, whereas on say, CDJ-1000, you can go .2% which is roughly 0.05 or lower of a bpm (of course relative to current bpm, but i live around 125). I think its the physical size of the pitch onscreen since mouse granularity has to do with screen pixel size. Perhaps to have a skin which relocates the pitch horizontally making it much bigger? I think lowering the threshold wont help much.

Pitch bump threshold - known as touch on CDJ
-Perhaps this is already there, but I didnt find it immediately. The bump or touch of pitch nudging should be adjustable so a small tweak has great affect, or much less similar to a CDJ

Gain Threshold
-I find the gain threshold to be much too high. I could imagine some people like it this way if they have tracks which are not normalized to the maximum headroom, howevver there should be an option to lower the roof. To get a huge difference in my outputs to mixer, i have to bump it one notch only, two notches is too much. I could do it by lowering the software outs (i have m-audio) but that seems like a setting which is too easily lost since m-audio is pretty crappy at remembering settings

Sampler Pitching
-again, since im new i could be missing alot, but i didnt find a pitching option for the sampler in the pro audio interface. Im fairly certain it must be in there somewhere, but just in case im listing

Anyhow, thats all i can think about now. My rig is busy trying to analyze my rather large collection. Its a pain i cant use it at the same time (I could but only if i had a monster machine...)

Happy Ho-Ho to all... Hopefully Santa, the coca-cola creation he is will be nice to me this year and drop a VDJ license on my lap.

One last question though, I see that Cue is just a rebrand, but there is a different code-line? Concerning updates, when a VDJ update is released, is there a delta to the equivalent Cue release? There also seems to be differences between what plugins are available for the different versions, so there much be something more substantial between the two products...?

CHEERS!

Inviato Sat 23 Dec 06 @ 8:18 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)