Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Questions about VDJ 2.01

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Sup fellas I am currently using a demo version of VDJ 2.01 and it seems like it is cool. I plan on purchasing it and an XP10 controller next week. Now all I would like to know is will it work properly with my laptop. I have a P3 processor w/650MHZ(not much) 320MB of RAM and an 80 gig hard drive. Will it work? the demo seems to work fine but I need to know this b4 I make the purchase

Inviato Sat 07 Aug 04 @ 10:21 am
hi there... glad to see you like the software, and are going to buy ;)

"...the demo seems to work fine..."
the demo is just like the full version, but w/ a time-limit.

So, if the demo works fine, so will the full version :)

Although getting more ram would be recommended :)

hope that helps :)

dj in norway

Inviato Sat 07 Aug 04 @ 3:01 pm
djbambiPRO InfinityMember since 2003
"I have a P3 processor w/650MHZ(not much) 320MB of RAM and an 80 gig hard drive".

Hi Tippsta,

I run VDJ 2.01 with two XP10 (previously the dj console) plugged-in directly into the USB ports of my notebook, a 3+ year-old VAIO PCG-FX190K. It runs W2K Pro kept very tidy, all useless services switched off, the OS and mandatory services using 90-100Mb when no apps running.

It's a P3 speedstep 700/850 Mhz, and it runs fine at 700 Mhz. If the demo is fine on you 650 Mhz, so will the full version. 80 gigs is probably enough, depending on how much mp3s you have.

Where you might be hurting is RAM. Last year, I used to have 256Mb and was swapping quite a bit. Then I upped it to 512Mb RAM (you find good used ram deals on ebay), and it's been running top notch ever since.

After spinning a couple of hours on vdj 2.01, normal sets with normal tracks no longer than 10 minutes, i.e no one hour mixsets :), I can tell you that w2k reports a "peak commit charge of approx. 350 Mb, so you would have swapped a bit with your 320 Mb. So really, if you can bump it up a little bit, do it. Otherwise, I'm sure you'll hardly have any issues and you'll still have plenty of home fun, but I wouldn't use it out...

Hope this helps,

Nicolas

Inviato Sat 07 Aug 04 @ 6:22 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)