Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Joining Video Files

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

DJ ELPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I've posted this question before, but I can't find the post, so I apologize in advance. I've had pretty good luck ripping music videos from DVD's, but I am having trouble getting a single music video file (divx) from a music video comprised of two tracks (vob files) on the original DVD. Can anyone shed some light on this? Thank you.

Inviato Thu 04 Jan 07 @ 4:46 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
its because the video files are seprate on the disk in chapters
so you will need to combine the vob files on another program like sony vegas

or try a program like smart ripper that might join them for you.

Inviato Thu 04 Jan 07 @ 4:51 pm
I believe I tried the smart ripper, with no luck. Maybe I can find software that will join them as divx files.

Inviato Thu 04 Jan 07 @ 5:23 pm
Are the songs contiguous on the DVD and play within a single chapter? Or are you trying to join two seperate chapters into a single file? If the video plays as a single chapter, you just need to rip them in chapter mode (not vob mode) in your ripper program.

Inviato Thu 04 Jan 07 @ 8:52 pm
In smartripper, choose "max-filesize" in settings>movie>file-splitting. Check the chapters you want to combine. If it's two chapters, check two. If it's a power mix, like the ones on PO, select all the chapters that apply. This works for me, and I rip to vob.

Inviato Thu 04 Jan 07 @ 11:15 pm
A Man and His Music, that did the trick. Although, I was getting some runtime errors with Dr Divx at first, but only when I selected more than one chapter in smartripper, as I asked about. I got around it by just renaming the input file. I don't think Dr Divx liked smartripper's naming convention. Thanks again to all who responded.

Inviato Tue 16 Jan 07 @ 1:21 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)