Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Playing Napster Tracks on Virtual DJ Home Edition

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I have bought DJ Mixstation 3 and when I try to play Napster tracks it can't read them, I guess because of the protection software. Is there any way I can get round this or do I have to upgrade to a newer edition of VDJ? Does VDJ Home Edition allow Napster tracks to be played or do I have to buy the Professional edition?

Not being a professoinal DJ by any means as my kids will testify, I would rather use Home Edition if it does what I need. Can you also tell me where I can buy Home Edition. I've trawled the internet with no luck and I live in the UK.

Many Thanks

Inviato Sun 07 Jan 07 @ 11:04 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
mixstation 3 is home editon as such as to the napster they put pesky protection on the files

however in pro , you have "global recordcase"

which connects to your napster acount and allows you to play/download these files.

you can find more info about that here
comparison

you are aslo entitled to a discount as you purchased homedition

http://www.virtualdj.com/purchase/discount.html

hope that helps :)

Regards

Simon

Inviato Sun 07 Jan 07 @ 1:24 pm
Thanks for that.

So just to make sure that I've got it right, the only way that I can play Napster tracks is by buying pro edition. Is that correct?

If that's the case, then can you confirm that you can play Napster tracks through pro version, even when the computer is not connected to the internet and as such is not in direct contact with Napster to provide account details. I just want to be sure that it will work when I've downloaded tracks then take the computer to another location to show off my amazing DJ skills to my kids!

Thanks Again

Inviato Sun 07 Jan 07 @ 2:22 pm
100% they will work on pro

but before that lets try an experiment

what format are the files in? you have

.mp3

Inviato Sun 07 Jan 07 @ 2:38 pm
When the files are saved from Napster to my hard disc, they are saved as wma (windows media audio) files, which are data protected when you analyse the file status.

Inviato Sun 07 Jan 07 @ 3:20 pm
alright think its gona have to be pro for this then

Inviato Sun 07 Jan 07 @ 3:24 pm
Ok. I'll start saving my pocket money and go for that then!

Thanks for your help.

Inviato Sun 07 Jan 07 @ 3:32 pm
good luck :--)

Inviato Sun 07 Jan 07 @ 3:37 pm
I need step by step instructions as to how to add nabstet to my virtualdj playlist, and how to add it to Automix

Inviato Mon 05 Mar 18 @ 2:05 am
You can’t play Napster files in VDJ 8.

Inviato Mon 05 Mar 18 @ 12:52 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)