Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: WinXP SP2 is out!

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Inviato Wed 11 Aug 04 @ 1:04 pm
Great! But Microsoft has another update comming for people who wants to update just one computer, instead of a whole network I presume. Here's what they have to say:

"DO NOT CLICK DOWNLOAD IF YOU ARE UPDATING JUST ONE COMPUTER: A smaller, more appropriate download will be available soon on Windows Update."

Inviato Wed 11 Aug 04 @ 1:42 pm
djzeroPRO InfinityMember since 2003
these are good to download especially if you plan on re formating your computer now and then (or have multiple computers not nececesserly on a network) once you have downloaded this you can burn it to a cd and you never need to download it again you can just run it from where it is

Inviato Wed 11 Aug 04 @ 1:45 pm
NAWTBOYPRO InfinityMember since 2003
How does VDJ support feel about SP2.....will there be any compatabilty issues??? Should we wait to download?

Inviato Wed 11 Aug 04 @ 1:50 pm
NAWTBOY: I'm currently installing it, so I'll tell you if VDJ still works once it's installed... But this should be as with any updates -- VDJ should work just fine after this is installed...

One thing I forgot to mention: SP2 is available only in english and german for now, so don't download it if your operating system is in another language as it won't install :)

Cheers, macourteau

Inviato Wed 11 Aug 04 @ 2:13 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
But ...always remember...

"If ain't broken, ... don't fix it"

SP2 has mostly internet security fixes (explorer-outlook xpress), firewall etc. There are rumors for less compatibility
with many applications, (i've just read about it in a reliable computer magazine).
Therefore, if you use your laptop only for gigs -no internet connection- i don't recommend it.
I will update only my "internet" pc, not my music pc.
Just a warning.

Inviato Wed 11 Aug 04 @ 3:14 pm
I'm finished installing SP2 now, and I tested VDJ... Everything is working as before (no surprise...). It's only updating windows after all ;)

The SP2 is supposed to make the system more stable and a little faster, so it's not only internet fixes.

macourteau

Inviato Wed 11 Aug 04 @ 4:38 pm
NAWTBOYPRO InfinityMember since 2003
system faster!!! you think vdj will benefit from this?

Inviato Wed 11 Aug 04 @ 5:51 pm
Personnally, I don't see any difference as to the speed of the system... but if it does go faster for some people, it could definitely be useful for their VirtualDJ... :)

Inviato Wed 11 Aug 04 @ 6:01 pm
kabensaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
With XP SP2, VDJ is stable but I notice that windows take more or less 35 Mb Ram more then the SP1.

Inviato Wed 11 Aug 04 @ 8:22 pm
keyonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Here's an article about the update:

http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1759,1635083,00.asp

from the article:

"Most users, however, have said they had a positive experience overall with the update, with particular favorites being the popup blocker in Internet Explorer, the Security Center and improved integration of wireless technologies such as Wi-Fi and Bluetooth ..."

but

"Users have reported everything from unproblematic installs to complete system failures. In between, difficulties varied from confusing user interface changes to broken applications to performance slowdowns. Many said SP2's features improved their confidence in the platform's security; others said they continue to be surprised by minor issues. "

Inviato Thu 12 Aug 04 @ 8:18 pm
Be care, SP2 is too heavy I think. 1024 mg is strongly recommanded now and 512 mg was good with SP1.

So, when VDJ load a song on wXP SP2, it's possible 1024 is short for using with max comfort Ô_o

Inviato Sat 14 Aug 04 @ 10:11 am
SPARKYPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Memory wise I think it's fine - I only have 256mb on my laptop (Toshiba Satallite 2.6ghz P4) - It runs okay with VDJ

SP2 Does seem to be causing me a few problems though....With SP1 I never had any crashes, lockups or anything - with SP2 I have had a few lock ups that seem to be graphics based (maybe an issue with GForce FX Go cards?)

Also they point out that wireless networking is now even easier - that is not true as it seems to be resetting my router pretty often causing me to lose the signal - something that never happened with SP1.

I wish I'd had waited.....there do seem to be a few bugs that need ironing out.

Inviato Sat 14 Aug 04 @ 11:47 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)