Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: timecoded vinyl videos - Page: 2

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Inviato Fri 27 Aug 04 @ 4:23 pm
DJ-in-norway, Thanks I read those posts, when I get home I will try turning up the volume on my soundcard as well as muting the line in. Also much respect goes out to you for database updater/mixmeister solution, now all my songs have the correct BPM, I play a lot of hip hop.

Inviato Fri 27 Aug 04 @ 5:32 pm
if I took credit for the database updater/mixmeister solution, I know at least a creative guy from canada and a nawty boy from america that would kill me ;) lool...

it was naw-t-boy who found the mixmeister app, and macourteau who made the updater app ;)

OR WAS IT ME? hmmm.... hehe ;) lool ;)

nah.. it was macourteau.. hehe.. and a nice app it is ;)

very usefull for hiphop and modern "strange beat" pop...
Remember that VDJ can be better for regular beats, like dance, trance etc.. And I think that VDJ team might bring some news later on regarding their algorythm, so that u can get it all right from VDJ ;)

anyways.. good luck with timecode CD's ;) hope u can make it work for u.. if not, ask again in forum.. we will figure it out in the end ;)

happy mixing

Inviato Fri 27 Aug 04 @ 5:41 pm
NAWTBOYPRO InfinityMember since 2003
your name would be dj-in-hospital :)

mac deserves all the credit.....I just found the app....never knew that someone would be clever enough to sync the 2 together!!

Inviato Fri 27 Aug 04 @ 9:43 pm
heh thanks to both of you ;)

Inviato Fri 27 Aug 04 @ 9:48 pm
Thank you both for a great solution.

Inviato Fri 27 Aug 04 @ 10:38 pm
Ok, I think I'm close to getting up and running here, my question is, is there a position mode setting. It seems like the only way to start a track from the begining, is to physically hit the stop button on the deck in VDJ. Starting the wave file on the CD in CDJ 800 is not doing the trick

Inviato Fri 27 Aug 04 @ 10:44 pm
djreggieward, how did you stop the time-code tone?

OO

Inviato Mon 30 Aug 04 @ 6:20 am
dj-in-norway: "i can make a timecode CD video, if anyone would like to see"

I would love to see my boy in action!!! I'll be stocking up on popcorn.

OO

Inviato Mon 30 Aug 04 @ 6:23 am
Yan-XPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
I'm currently using maya 44 usb soudncard without any problem. Did you install 2.5 asio drivers ?

Did you configure vdj to use the asio driver instead of wdm one ?
Did you mute the monitor channels of maya soundcard (specific maya soundcard config pannel not the windows config pannel)

Yan

Inviato Mon 30 Aug 04 @ 1:54 pm
Yan, I don't know if your response was directed to me or not but, I've done all of that, and it's now working for me. My question is, is there a position or needle drop mode. It seems like if I want to start a song from the begining while it's playing I can't do it from my CDJ800, I have to do from the deck with in VDJ.

Inviato Mon 30 Aug 04 @ 2:26 pm
djreggieward: "The problem is the timecoded signal is so loud that it over powers the music that is playing in deck 1."

How did you solve this problem?

OO

Inviato Mon 30 Aug 04 @ 4:49 pm
I have a Maya USB soundcard, and what I did was mute the line in level.

Inviato Mon 30 Aug 04 @ 6:34 pm
Thanks for the answer djreggieward. I'll try this again.

OO

Inviato Mon 30 Aug 04 @ 7:10 pm
djreggieward

the timecode use in VDJ is made for VINYL use first of all...

I'm sure there will be changes to make timecode for CD's work better in next version ;) So that you can loop perfectly at decks, start song from beginning at deck etc..

When u do that now, the "100% no slip, no skip" feature for VDJ (good for vinyl use) will make the program "ignore" loops and restart of song at decks, because it's seen as a needle slip.. (vinyl).. If you see what I'm sayin..

hang around as see .. there might be changes for that real soon ;) an option to turn off the anti-skip feature for timecode CD's will fix this ....

Inviato Fri 03 Sep 04 @ 8:49 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)