Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Search Plugin

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

PionaraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Ok...let me explain. I would like to see the search function developed a bit.

I don't just mean a search of the folder you're currently in. I mean a full blown search function of all VDJ folders.

I usually have a windows search panel open, mapped up to my music drive to search for files. It's alot quicker than trying to remember, and it brings up all versions of the track I'm looking for. BUT then I need to switch back to VDJ and scroll to the file, then get the track to load, whereas if we could load from a search within VDJ this would be great.

I suppose I could have this by having all music tracks in one folder, but with over 9,000 tracks to search from, this would prove to be a pain in the arse i think.

I'm quite sure this has been suggested before. I would imagine this would kick the CPU a bit, especially with those of us with the massive libraries.

Any thoughts????

Cheers...and keep spinnin'...(",)

P

Inviato Sun 04 Mar 07 @ 5:36 am
Hi Pionara,

The way to search through all of your folders is quite simple if i've understood you correctly.

If all your different folders are within a folder like "my music" or something, then you can simply right- click on the "my music" folder in VDJ, then click the "recurse" option, then you'll see all of the songs in all of the subfolders (and you can search through them in the usual way).

If you've got a number of folders in different locations, or if you just want to make it simple, you can just right-click on each folder and click the option for "add to search DB".

You can then search through all the folders you've added to the search db by clicking on "local database" on the left hand pane of vdj. When you click on that, the contents of all the folders you've added is shown and you can use the search box to find the song you want quickly.

Hope that helps :)

Inviato Mon 05 Mar 07 @ 1:19 pm
PionaraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hey, nice one Andy, thanks...(",)

P

Inviato Mon 05 Mar 07 @ 11:50 pm
No problems, I always wonder what little things in VDJ i havn't found out about yet, shame the manual isn't better really.

:)

Inviato Tue 06 Mar 07 @ 3:46 pm
bogartPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Mine are set up in different folders also. The way I search all the folders at once
is click on local database. This way all the names from all the folders
will be searched.

Inviato Wed 07 Mar 07 @ 6:53 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)