Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: stereo or mono line in

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

how can i find out if my mic line in is stereo or mono on my laptop? because i want to start recording from my mixer now.

Inviato Mon 09 Apr 07 @ 12:28 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
mics are generaly mono , line ins are stereo

Inviato Mon 09 Apr 07 @ 1:53 pm
man, well i dont think my pc has a line in, its a laptop and all i see is a headphone jack and a mice jack, is there anyother way to record or change my mic in to stereo

Inviato Mon 09 Apr 07 @ 3:07 pm
well how can i find out if its mono or stereo

Inviato Mon 09 Apr 07 @ 3:40 pm
Can I ask, are you using an standard dj mixer or using a midi mixer/controller?

If you're using a midi controller (or the on-screen mixer), then you don't need a line-in socket to record your mix, by choosing "master" on the recording config page the software will folllow the actions of the on-screen faders and record the mix accordinly.

If you're using a standard dj mixer then it looks like you're going to have to buy something I'm afraid! (although you could just stick a cable into the mic socket with the volume on very low just to check).

Basically mic sockets arn't meant for anything other than cheap computer microphones, so they'll probably sound pretty bad. Just from a quick look on google I found this

http://www.usbgear.com/USBG-X4S.html

There's loads of similar things around, so anything like that would do if you want something cheap, if you've got a bit more cash, you could splash out on a professional card.

Hope that helps. :)

Inviato Mon 09 Apr 07 @ 3:56 pm
ok well i currently am a midi mixer, with a nuo4 and two xp10's and have been recording my mixes in vdj but the thing is i just bought a u46dj, two Technics SL-DZ1200's , and a pioneer djm 909 and going to sell my current equipment when they arrive to pay em off, i appreciate your help. :) i just might get that little gadget

Inviato Mon 09 Apr 07 @ 5:03 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)