Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: How much do you work? - Page: 2

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

That's an odd combination - Ford & BMW.

Inviato Sun 29 Apr 07 @ 5:56 pm
Great Topic! ... I work 800a - 500pm on average Monday - Friday. I DJ using 2-4 times a month. Usually every Saturday Night.

But I'm still young, so no wife or kids to deal with yet ;-)

I will say this...DJing becomes VERY addictive when it comes to equipment. (especially when you first start) ... You buy good equipment. THEN after your first couple parties, you want to go better and louder. Then when you do that, the companies say "you know what, since you have better equpment now, we will send to a bigger event and that even will pay more $$$". THEN after a couple of those, you want to get even louder and bigger then you start doing even bigger events with more $$$. When I started, i had two 12s, an Amp, and a laptop.. lol.. (NOT EVEN A CASE!) Then I wanted to get bigger and louder... so started buying more.. A case, mixer, CD players, new computer, lights. To give you a hint on how much I've grown, I have a wall full of speakers from 10s to 18s.

[^^ALL THAT WAS UNPLANNED^^ I thought I would just do it for little pocket change. Then you relize how fun it is. It's really cool to see the crowd dancing and some cases screaming with there hands up. Then you jump on the dance floor for a little to interact (then you the dance floor so full, they are standing off it to dance) When you get that tip, you get even happier <---- AND ALL THAT DANCING, SCREAMING, HANDS UP is because of you! It makes you the star!]

I tell ya ... I think I'm hooked.

Beware the Addicitions.........lol.............

Inviato Mon 30 Apr 07 @ 4:37 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Good point there ;) man should know when to stop :))

Inviato Mon 30 Apr 07 @ 12:41 pm
ryankmPRO InfinityMember since 2006
If you're like me and have a full time job, time management is crucial. I've been having a hell of a time trying to juggle my time between my job, my girlfriend, and djing. The djing hasn't been too taxing on me because i love to do it even if i am tired. With my job there's been a few mornings that i'd rather fall asleep at my desk, but it's nothing that a few cups of coffee can't cure. Now that leaves my girlfiend.....
I love her to death, but sometimes it's almost unbearable listening to how we don't do anything anymore
or how I'm not paying enough attention to her. If only she had a mute button. No but seriously i totally understand where she's coming from, at least i think i do. I've ended up reserving a few nights a week where i just spend time with her. It's seemed to calm her for now. As for djing, usually friday or saturday, once a week keeps me happy and able to perform at work (that's not including practicing 3-4 nights a week)

Inviato Mon 30 Apr 07 @ 9:31 pm
If we were to start any other type of business. Our mates would make to sacrafice to the common good. But, because we have a very good time at what we do. People have a hard time accepting. What if for a second job, we work at retail or a restaurant, or delivering newspapers... It would probably be an inconvience but would be acceptable because most people understand.

I think for most of us that we get paid very well for the amount of time actually working. How much would they complain if we did something else that took a lot more time in our day.

Inviato Mon 30 Apr 07 @ 10:12 pm
ryankm wrote :
If you're like me and have a full time job, time management is crucial. I've been having a hell of a time trying to juggle my time between my job, my girlfriend, and djing. The djing hasn't been too taxing on me because i love to do it even if i am tired. With my job there's been a few mornings that i'd rather fall asleep at my desk, but it's nothing that a few cups of coffee can't cure. Now that leaves my girlfiend.....
I love her to death, but sometimes it's almost unbearable listening to how we don't do anything anymore
or how I'm not paying enough attention to her. If only she had a mute button. No but seriously i totally understand where she's coming from, at least i think i do. I've ended up reserving a few nights a week where i just spend time with her. It's seemed to calm her for now. As for djing, usually friday or saturday, once a week keeps me happy and able to perform at work (that's not including practicing 3-4 nights a week)

Be VERY careful with that especially when it comes with someone you love. i've seen DJs over here get married, then divorced because the DJ loves his music more than his girl. My advice to you ... spend as much time as you can with her. See if you can even get her to go with you to a few of your gigs. Always try to give her some involvment with your other love .. music.. If she isn't the music type and you love her, I don't know bout you, but I would rather spend the rest of my life with good female rather than music. You have to make that distinction of who/what you love the most. :-)

Inviato Mon 30 Apr 07 @ 11:50 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
#speed very good advice! My wife loved music..love me playing music..loved coming to the club....hated all the women taking to the DJ(the fact that I was the the DJ was the problem). So I stopped DJing for a while. Now I am DJing and divorced, and really much happier....lol.

Inviato Tue 01 May 07 @ 1:58 am
TearEmUp wrote :
So I stopped DJing for a while. Now I am DJing and divorced, and really much happier....lol.

So you were up shit creek no amtter what you did?

Not so encourageing for a guy's who's never been married.

Inviato Tue 01 May 07 @ 2:47 am
I used to be out at least 5 nights a week, with my Wife left at home with a small child.

I had to do it to keep the bread on the table, but she found it very hard, being on her own so much, knowing that there was the potential for me to easily get a girl if I wanted (which I never did! )

I agree that we should put our family first. The trouble is that sometimes that might mean going out to work to pay the bills. I made a lot more money DJing than I could have done in any other job but that was hard for my Wife to accept.

Now my Son is 17 and so she can come with me to gigs, but that's often boring for her, because someone elses 21st, wedding, etc can be pretty boring. A while ago an old friend asked me to work in his club, one of the biggest in the UK , so I might try that and I'm sure she would enjoy that.

Inviato Tue 01 May 07 @ 11:14 am
ryankmPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Speed D thanks alot for the advice.

Inviato Tue 01 May 07 @ 1:34 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Yeah, good point there asymptote! And you should take that gig in the club, that will be good for both of ya!
The girl or wife should understand this job and way of life. We do it because we like it, but we do it because it brings food on the table. It is the job like everything else, from xx hours to xy hours. It is the obligation as any other job out there. You can cheat on her if you work any other job easily as you are DJ, simple as that. If there is the trust and honesty, you will be ok ;)
Hope this helps those who plan to marry soon ;)

Inviato Tue 01 May 07 @ 1:35 pm
DJ-ALF wrote :
Yeah, good point there asymptote! And you should take that gig in the club, that will be good for both of ya!
The girl or wife should understand this job and way of life. We do it because we like it, but we do it because it brings food on the table. It is the job like everything else, from xx hours to xy hours. It is the obligation as any other job out there. You can cheat on her if you work any other job easily as you are DJ, simple as that. If there is the trust and honesty, you will be ok ;)
Hope this helps those who plan to marry soon ;)

That's a very good point. I would compare this way of life to working in a retail store (as far as some of the hours). And Trust is a very big part of the game.

Inviato Tue 01 May 07 @ 3:50 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)