Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: DJ Cels new Text plugin - Page: 2

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

I'd like it to have a bank of smileys as well, animated ones would be even nicer! :o)

Inviato Sat 28 Apr 07 @ 10:04 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
that would be very cool :)

Inviato Sat 28 Apr 07 @ 12:35 pm
After using the text plugin for 3 days straight at my club gig I have had the same "BUG" happen a few times each night where I can't use my keyboard to search for songs after writing text. It never happenned before so I'm assuming it's caused by the text generator. To get my keyboard to work again I open Internet Explorer and google something then go back to VDJ and it works fine again. Strange problem...

Regards,
Funkmasterfrank
Montreal

Inviato Sat 28 Apr 07 @ 7:41 pm
I had same problem but did not associate it with the plugin

Inviato Sat 28 Apr 07 @ 9:03 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
I guess that it's a problem of window focus because the plugin is in other window. If you click on the skin again after using the plugin it should work again...

The solution would be to create an external window and not include it in the skin (like for the djc mapper) but it won't be easy for you. What do you prefer: interface included or not?

Inviato Sun 29 Apr 07 @ 2:19 am
Some I just thought of while I'm watching the scroll go by on my screen. There needs to be a mask under the scroll to make it easier to read when playing videos. Otherwise, I love this plug-in!

Inviato Sun 29 Apr 07 @ 5:36 am
Text 2D v1.1 (Public Beta 2) is now available on the VDJ website after a long night of development on it. I'm going to sleep a little bit now ;-)

I'm sorry but your previous saved files won't work because i had to modify and add new fields

Inviato Sun 29 Apr 07 @ 8:58 am
l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I installed it and and got a weird message... "error in the video driver". Got the problem sorted eventually. I had to change the mpg codec to use the windows media player to work? I changed it back straight after and it worked funnily enough??

hm... anyways everything goes well since then :)

Just another suggestion if I may... I don't suppose you can add a transparency slider for the text?

Inviato Sun 29 Apr 07 @ 1:12 pm
l_rids wrote :
Just another suggestion if I may... I don't suppose you can add a transparency slider for the text?

It's the slider called alpha in v1.2 ;-)

Inviato Sun 29 Apr 07 @ 1:54 pm
You are a bad mother... shut your mouth, but I'm talking bout Cel, and we can dig it. This is the best plug in to date. I usually let others ask for special inputs. However, since you put in "You are listening:", can you just add "to", at the end of that? It's not a big thing, but it just flows better to me.

Inviato Mon 30 Apr 07 @ 7:58 am
i will correct the error in the next update because you can modify this field and write your own or let the field empty if you prefer ;-)

Inviato Mon 30 Apr 07 @ 5:32 pm
If you want to show some symbols

you can use the font called "Wingdings" and then write
"J" for :-)
"L" for :-(

Inviato Mon 30 Apr 07 @ 6:53 pm
djcel wrote :
i will correct the error in the next update because you can modify this field and write your own or let the field empty if you prefer ;-)

I did not know that. Thanks

Inviato Mon 30 Apr 07 @ 9:15 pm
Love the transparency thing dj cel. The field where "You are listening to:", I can't seem to modify or delete. I assume you are still working on it.

Just curious is anyone else getting a random message saying "Error in the video driver"?
Its being happening since I've installed this plug-in on random occasions. To uninstall it I assume I just delete it from the effects folder?

Inviato Mon 30 Apr 07 @ 10:42 pm
l_rids wrote :
Love the transparency thing dj cel. The field where "You are listening to:", I can't seem to modify or delete. I assume you are still working on it.

Just curious is anyone else getting a random message saying "Error in the video driver"?
Its being happening since I've installed this plug-in on random occasions. To uninstall it I assume I just delete it from the effects folder?

Same here, and some times "direct3d not initialized". Seems the activate tab needs to be on.

Inviato Mon 30 Apr 07 @ 11:01 pm
l_rids wrote :

You have to first activate the "Title artist" field before the greyed out text will be avaliable for you to change the text. I use "Now Playing; " Don't forget to add the space afterward so there is a space between playing; and the title text.

FREE TIP;

For those wanting a delay between the loops on scrolling text, Type your text in the box, then move the cursor back to the beginning of the text and hit the spacebar until the char count drops to "0" this way the spaces are played first, then the text, creating a resonable delay between every loop.

Inviato Tue 01 May 07 @ 1:25 am
CRASH, CRASH, CRASH. During my hour mix yesterday, I crashed the system. I mean instant blue screen, and that loud buzz. Fortunately, I was able to go to the satellite, which just happened to be playing a song that matched the bpm of the song that crashed. The reason I am telling this here, is because it may have to do with this plug in. However, I may have been expecting to much from my machine. This is what I was doing. Two songs playing, Sonique visuals playing, this text plug in, (get this), with two(2) lines of text, scrolling, and flange on both decks. I was also going in and out of the flange, using my DAC 3. This is when it crashed, going back with the flange, while all the other stuff was going on. I know those Sonique visuals are hogs, some more then others. So don't know what caused the crash, but the text was the only new thing running. Will have to try again, when I am not live at the club.

Inviato Tue 01 May 07 @ 10:46 pm
I'll probably uninstall it for now and wait till the non beta version comes out. Still very impressed though :)

Inviato Tue 01 May 07 @ 11:27 pm
A Man and His Music wrote :
I mean instant blue screen, and that loud buzz.

When Windows crashes with a blue screen, it's in general linked to the video drivers with a memory leak or something like that. It's written on the blue screen the name of the drivers which crashed. For me, it's more the Sonique plugin because when my plugin crashed in the first beta versions, it made only crashed VirtualDJ and not Windows but i will verify my code again.

Inviato Wed 02 May 07 @ 1:49 pm
I'll Agree with that, I have had the same trouble with my Nvidia drivers, and it showed on the blue screen that that was the problem. I too have had sonique problems.

I have been using ver 1.0 of the Text pluging for the past few weeks, with no crashing issues at all. I haven't installed the new version yet because I have ten slots all set up in 1.0, and don't really want to have to set them all up again, Well not right now anyway!

Inviato Thu 03 May 07 @ 4:08 am
62%