Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Dual BPM

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I am just in the phase to decide, which DJ software to buy.

Would it be good idea to have two BPMs and beatgrids (or more?) per track in different time periods?

Reason: some songs increase its tempo, so when I define beatgrid to sync the song with the previous one, the beatgrid does not mathc the tempo at the end of the song and I cannot use it for syncing with the next song.

Inviato Fri 27 Apr 07 @ 12:13 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
usualy songs start and finnish at the same speed even if they have a weird bit in the middle etc etc. what this usualy means is that the song can have the correct BPM at the start and finnish but the phase can only be correct for one or the other. the song should stil be in time so you dont need to change the pitch but only need to ignore the grid to match the songs (use the actual beats shown not the CBG squares)

Inviato Wed 02 May 07 @ 10:40 pm
TexZKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Anyway, his thought is REALLY COOL, and I've thought about it for a long time!!!

@ Xeo: the shit is, when you rip from a vinyl the pitch can change a bit, and for long songs it can be a real problem with the grid!

Inviato Thu 03 May 07 @ 4:11 pm
@DJ Xeo
I know that "usualy songs start and finnish at the same speed" but as I wrote "some songs increase its tempo". Keep in mind that not all music is computer produced, so it is not exactly 100% constant tempo.
Moreover there are songs which are for example 95BPM 1 minute and then turn into 220BPM.

YOur example with the phase shift I would solve as follows:
1)Calculate the BPM
2) Synchronize in the beginning
3)Make first beatgrid anchor in the fade in area and second anchor on some beat in the fade out area. The BPM will differ little bit but it will not matter if the transition will be short enough.

The method with visual matching the phase is again possible only with some songs/genres. Other are quite confusing...

Inviato Thu 03 May 07 @ 8:32 pm
Some songs have parts in the middle with different BPM but VDJ can store only one BPM in a song. If the BPM change in the song VDJ sync function will not work properly after the change. I've been playing with TRAKTOR - it can sync 2 songs regardless of main BPM in song, it analyzes the music somehow.....
Can we get at least 2-3 beat grids per song?
Also live music or music ripped from vinyl will not have stable BPM. It will be constantly changing. How VDJ can be improved to better handle those songs and we would be able to use sync button in any situation?

Inviato Thu 21 Jun 07 @ 7:10 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
-- I have just a small question -- does anyone NOT use their ears anymore? Or is it because of software we are all becoming SYNC button DJs?

Inviato Thu 21 Jun 07 @ 12:46 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
cstoll wrote :
-- I have just a small question -- does anyone NOT use their ears anymore? Or is it because of software we are all becoming SYNC button DJs?

Yes, why are we using calculators when there is paper and pencil?
Think about it.
Machine is doing the math stuff
And you have more "Brain" time to be creative.... ;)

Inviato Thu 21 Jun 07 @ 5:16 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)