Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Crackling interference

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

GaryBrPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hi guys,

I've been playing around with my settings for the last 3 hours now, trying to figure out why i get a slight crackling background noise.

Its not noticible when there is a beat playing, but you can't miss it with a vocal only track or break in the beat.

I seemed to have narrowed it down to the sonique plug in, or the video skin, but i'm too tired to continue now. I'm using the default skin.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Gary

Inviato Thu 10 May 07 @ 2:24 am
l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Try lowering your performance slider or adjusting the settings for your soundcard to match. Quite a common problem if settings arent right.

Inviato Thu 10 May 07 @ 4:47 am
It does it regardless of the settings. Its also quite a high powered machine. Its like its the images moving across the screen cause the noise.

Inviato Thu 10 May 07 @ 10:04 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
So it is some video plugin or video driver. Try different version for video card or some tweaks in settings of your video card.

Inviato Thu 10 May 07 @ 1:37 pm
Are you using a tabletop cd player to control time coded cd's? If so, by any chance would it be on Denon dn-s3000? I had a similiar problem, where I thought the time coded cd was not catching up to the speed the audio was playing, creating a crakling noise in the background. The faster the song would go, the more I would here it, however, I had set the pitch speed on w/ a feature called "pitch adj." which is supposed to "normalize" vocal's when you speed up the song, and not make the vocals sound like chipmunks. All I did was take the "pitch adj" feature OFF, by hitting the "pitch/key" repeatly til this feature turns off. That is what caused the crackling sound in my set-up. Good Luck.

Inviato Wed 23 May 07 @ 7:16 am
grugPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I just bought a new DELL Inspiron 6400 laptop and spent the entire first day/night trying to stop a crackling sound going out through my MK1 in Vista, and then the second day/night trying XP.

The strange thing is if the laptop is running on batteries only theres no crackling, or if the laptop is connected to the power and using the internal soundcard only no crackling again, but going through the MK1 console with power Ive tried every different driver and setting combination possible! :-(.

I've also tried a ground-loop isolator. That fixed my last laptop issues but not this time unfortunately. Anyone have any suggestions otherwise I'll be doing this weekend with just the internal soundcard! Would a USB cable with a sound filter work?

Inviato Wed 23 May 07 @ 7:37 am
Mine turned out to be the video driver. Having the latest updates is not always the best thing!

Gary

Inviato Wed 23 May 07 @ 1:52 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
GaryBr wrote :
Having the latest updates is not always the best thing!

I second that!

Inviato Wed 23 May 07 @ 4:51 pm
I thought about this morning.

Maybe we should have a known issues page. For instance, the issues that "HP an NVIDIA" may have together or issues with Dell circuitry may have with VDJ..

hopefully you get point... Maybe we can start a thread and only relavent matter should be discussed about the tread and hot the how to since this what the rest of the forum is about.

Just a thought!

Comments

Inviato Wed 23 May 07 @ 5:06 pm
Its a nice idea, but have a look around these forums. A lot of people can't seem to master what exists already.

I don't want to sound an arse, but the guy who started this forum could easily moan that creating a new forum with known issues has nothing to do with his problem, and now the topic has drifted.

I think in an ideal would it would work, but the more forums, the harder it is to find something.

Maybe people would get better results if the hardware forum was split up a little into HP, DELL, TOSHIBA forums etc, where everything is kept in brands, that way people sharing info in that forum would understand each others problems better. That way id there was a specific hardware problem with a brand, we could point the manufacuter to the forum and let them see.

Gary

Inviato Wed 23 May 07 @ 5:14 pm
I was thinking about that as I was writing it... I know from experience that I would search for hours for a concern and/or topic and could not find what I looking for because there is soooo much info and couldn't come with a good search word.

So your correct in saying if we narrow the field down. it would be easier.. IMO

There is a positive side in the searches though, I learn more about things I haven't thaught about before and tend to go on a tangent of thaught....LOL

Inviato Wed 23 May 07 @ 5:30 pm
Have you got the noise when working batteries ?
Have you got the noise when the power supply fan is ON ?
Did you try to get an adaptor for power supply cord WITH NO EARTH and plug your Dell ?

Inviato Sat 23 Jun 07 @ 10:59 am
My Dell did the same thing and I believe there was an issue with the Video dirver and the Chipset. I never quite got it workin, but I turned on safe mode and it went away. I gave up on that piece of crap, but my weekend guy uses it.

Inviato Sun 24 Jun 07 @ 3:10 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)