Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Sound & Video Cards Recommendations Please

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I have VDJ Pro 4.3 installed on a external hard drive connected via USB to a 2.8Ghz Desktop, with 756Mb RAM. This desktop has on board sound & video, which is connected via a single line out to a double phono input on a Studiomaster mixing deck and ultimately to the speakers.

My music library is stored on the external HD where VDJ is installed...

I am not in any way what you would call a DJ, much of what I read on the forums is beyond me, I use the software to provide music nights in my pub.

Anyway, I have this problem that is occuring about 70% of the time - it doesn't happen on my laptop, or my new PC in my office.... So I can only assume that it is related to the onboard sound & video on what is essentially a cheap desktop.

My problem... I cue up a dozen songs and use automix and thus leave VDJ unattended (I hear you all tutting, and I sincerely apologise), I have force fade set, and fade length at about 10 secs, and fade set to Smooth, but to be honest, whatever settings I use I get the same problem.

When the current track gets to the exit marker fade begins its transition from LEFT to RIGHT, but as soon as it gets RIGHT, it cuts right back to LEFT, then back to RIGHT and jumps the track forward about 2 minutes...

So, I am guessing I need a new sound and video card - so I turn to you guys.... I don't want to scratch, use timecoded vinyls etc, and I don't really want cheap, limited and nasty, and at the same time I do not have money to burn - I am not sure I want a USB sound card, I am not a mobile DJ, I have a static setup - wouldn't a internal PCI card serve better.

I have spent an hour trawling topics - but everyone seems to require a far greater level of professionalism than I can imagine - so I apologise in advance if people are having to repeat themselves.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Inviato Mon 14 May 07 @ 12:41 pm
Hmmm just looked at Soundblaster X-Fi Elite Pro - around £250.00 ---- any thoughts - overkill? Overpriced? Wasted on a noob?

Also, had a look at the ESi U46Dj - eek! it scares the hell outta of me - looks way too technical.

Inviato Mon 14 May 07 @ 12:52 pm
Older 5.1 Sound blaster cards works just fine. £250 sounds really a lot of money for what you're using Virtual DJ for...

Inviato Mon 14 May 07 @ 2:46 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Get ESI and enjoy the ride ;)

Inviato Mon 14 May 07 @ 3:04 pm
I'm not sure what you describe, is a sound card problem. What in the sound card would make the crossfader act up? Is the fader linked to the video fader?

Inviato Mon 14 May 07 @ 8:06 pm
No - the faders are not linked - and the error is still happening albeit not as frequent. I have a clean install of windows xp sp2 - upgraded to 2gb of RAM, and installed a Soundblaster X-Fi 7.1 thingy.

I suppose it could be the onboard graphics....

but to repeat the error - on automix, the fader will fade across from deck 1 to deck 2 as expected, but then it unexpectedly cuts back to deck 1 whilst it is pre-loading the next track, and then shifts straight back to deck 2, this takes maybe 3 seconds, but the song on the deck 2 has now jumped 2 minutes or so into itself.

Inviato Tue 15 May 07 @ 6:29 pm
NiemsPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Lol this isnt a hardware problem.

Dont bother trying to upgrade you sound / graphics. You will know when you have hardware problems when you see the software working 100% but you still have problems or BSOD ect.

Not sure what would cause vdj's code to do that though.

Does this happen from RIGHT to LEFT?

Inviato Tue 15 May 07 @ 6:42 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)