Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: 2 Sound cards - or 1 Sound Card

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I have a desktop, with Soundblaster X-Fi card with 3xline output and 1x optical output and I wish to connect this to an external mixer....

I am unsure how to configure vdj in the options...

I thought it would be stick a digital jack into line out 1 and with a y-cable connect to the 2xrca jacks to channels 5 on the mixer.

I also assumed I would need 2 sound cards - but now I am thinking I could also stick a digital jack into line out 2 and run again through a y-cable into 2xrca jacks into channel 7 on the mixer..

In the options you can choose.... simple... 2 sound cards & some USB thingy (whatever that is), 4.1 sound card, or ASIO.

If I choose ASIO i get a too few channels error.

I cannot seem to get any combo too work.

So... Do I need 2 sound cards (1 for left deck and 1 for right deck), or can I accomplish the same with this X-Fi thing. How should I run my cables? And what option should I pick in VDJ?

I already have another X-Fi card.... but it is currently unopened and therefore returnable - but if 2 sound cards is optimal I'll go for it.

Any help appreciated.

Inviato Mon 14 May 07 @ 10:51 pm
you say that it has 3 line outputs, so it is probably a 5.1 sound card:
Get 2 stereo jack to rca cables (if your sound card has jack connections, like most sound cards). Connect the first on the front output of your sound card and on the other end on a channel of your mixer. Then connect the other one to the rear output of the sound card and on another channel of your mixer.
Then you open up vdj, config panel, sound card tab. Then select for the output "External mixer" and for Sound cards "4.1 card".
Ewout

Inviato Mon 14 May 07 @ 11:15 pm
Ok.. Thank you for that - I can see how that would work but don't I lose some sound quality?

I have 2 sound cards... 1 on board & 1 PCI Soundblaster X-Fi - I cannot get sound to switch between the decks (i.e. left deck=sound card 1 & right deck=onboard sound) - it seems real straightforward, but i am obviously missing something....

I have taken a 1digital to 2 rca lead from sound card one to channel 8 on my mixer - and another 1 digi to 2 rca lead from sound card 2 to channel 10 - I have set options to mixer, and 2 sound cards, but only 1 channel works and still plays sound from both vdj decks....

I'm really confused...

Inviato Tue 15 May 07 @ 12:00 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)