Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Glitches

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

skell11PRO InfinityMember since 2006
I have to say I am so dissapointed with the glitches in virtual dj software. I forked over the money to purchase the program and the Hercules MK 2 and no matter what I do nothing works perfectly when trying to operate for a party or wedding. The thing that angers me the most is I spent countless hours going through and setting entry and exit points in the music so I could have automix take over when I am speaking on the mic. It worked for some tunes but the majority of the music where I set the exit points did not take and it refered back to the standard VDJ setting. With all the "built in features" would you not make entry/exit points more easily set in the set up menu. For example how about it starts the next song 3 seconds from the end or by an adjustable decible setting. Also, here is another glitch that happened at a gig last weekend. During the automix portion of my show where I was doing some promotions, the program began to freak out and take the song that was suppose to load and dump it, causing the the song playing to skip to the middle of the song and then load the next song. Then it kept repeating this process till I took it off automix. I would go back to just spinning cd's as the reliability factor is good but I am into this project for about 500 bucks and can't give up yet, but I also cant look stupid at another gig either. Please help here ...

Inviato Wed 16 May 07 @ 5:49 pm
NiemsPRO InfinityMember since 2006
If you had done some research prior, you would have noted that VDJ currently has a KNOWN issue with automix, the fact that it doesnt work 100% yet...

It is currently being worked on, but in the mean time, It should be noted by most DJ's that automix is not a function to take any of your workload off. You will only get it perfect manually.

Until the team releases fixes for automix, you will have to play it by hand :)

Also, features of VDJ are not based around automatic mixing, but almost entirely on manual operation. Decible exit points are flawed when it comes to silence in the track itself, and 3 seconds wont make a good mix in itself :/

Inviato Wed 16 May 07 @ 6:38 pm
I only use auto mix to play jazz, while I change into my suit or tux, and don't have any issues. I have also used it at the club, when I had to talk on the phone outside. These have been rare occasions, and I have had no issues. I have not set any entry or exit points, either. Some of theses tracks have cue points at the beginning, and some don't. The exit points are set by the software. Is it possible you expected more than the software can do? You must use auto mix a lot, to be this pissed. This is not the best auto mixing software, and that has never been their claim. Is that your only issue, or do you have more?

Inviato Wed 16 May 07 @ 7:51 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)