Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: DVD ripper and problem help !!!!!

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Alright guys I am in charge at this new club in town and they have Virtual DJ. I have ask the other guy about ripping the promo only dvds to the computer and he said that it will rip but does not rip the text so you know what it is. So there are ripped dvds with no text to know what they are. What I need to know is what is the best ripping and text naming software? Also what is the best and fastest ripping software?
There is also a problem with the program when you have it open and try to open any other programs it just quick flashes and wont do anything. So then Virtual DJ and any other program just stay minimizes and you can not get to any of them. Its kinda hard to explain but its mesed up. I would like to actually talk to some one over the phone about this if possible. Let me know if anyone can do that.

thanks, Kos

Inviato Thu 17 May 07 @ 1:17 am
Does anyone know what is the best dvd ripping program that will log the text from these promo only videos?

Inviato Thu 17 May 07 @ 2:36 am
docPRO InfinityMember since 2020
I use dvddecrypter or dvdshrink. This will make vob's. No problem with VDJ. You must rename each chapter/video. Simple and free. Hope that helps.

Inviato Thu 17 May 07 @ 2:41 am
So I have to name every video that I rip????????????????? OMG! That will take forever. Why is there no program than rips and names the video just like when you rip mp3's?
With all our technology this is hard to believe?

Inviato Thu 17 May 07 @ 4:25 am
Dude... we're talking video here - not audio. These are HUGE files... you don't need every video ever made. Only the hits you know that you will play! I use SmartRipper - free, and it seperates the chapters.

Inviato Thu 17 May 07 @ 7:28 am
I do understand that videos are way laerger. I just thought since we are scratching videos and everything else that we would be able to at least rip the videos and have the text or name in place. Will you ever just be able to rip the video and they will be already named? Just curious. Sorry guys for some of the ignorance here but as you can see I am use to using analog so I am still learning alot of things in this digital relm. I use the CDJ's when I tour. They are in my rider and work great for what I do. I use them to mix and my QFO to scratch. :-)

Inviato Fri 18 May 07 @ 4:22 am
it would be nice but i don't think video has a format (yet anyways) that does what mp3 tags do.....so for now yes u will have to name all your files just like everyone else spinning video does.

sorry one day though

Inviato Fri 18 May 07 @ 5:39 am
Yes... name your files :
ARTIST - TITLE.VOB

Inviato Fri 18 May 07 @ 6:06 pm
Yes, it takes a lot of work. Either that, or you could pay someone else to do it.

Inviato Fri 18 May 07 @ 8:28 pm
Thanks for all the help guys!

Does anyone use the time coded cds for this program? If so how well do they work? As good as vinyl?

Inviato Thu 24 May 07 @ 9:04 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
The Real DJ Kos wrote :
Does anyone use the time coded cds for this program? If so how well do they work? As good as vinyl?

Yes :)

Inviato Fri 25 May 07 @ 10:33 am
KregCZPRO InfinityMember since 2005
You need to use dvd decrypter (from limewire)
To rename the files use a batch re-namer.
I think it's called "Lupes" or something like that, I use it, but at the moment can't remember the name.
"A man and his music" should know the name I belive he is the one who told me about it.

Inviato Fri 25 May 07 @ 11:34 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)