Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: New laptop and VDJ justs quits ...

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hey everone,
I just loaded my new Alienware Aurora m9700 with VDJ and Napster with my mp3's and
am trying to figure our why VDJ just quits and saves the data base in the middle of a song being
played from my HD.The song I played previous was a tune I aquired from Napster with the
Global Database and it quit just short of the song ending.Then I played a tune from my hardrive
and that too quit and I noticed VDJ saving the database.
My system is a 2.0 mgz AMD TURION 2 GIG RAM, 100 GIG GFORCE9600256 ON BOARD MEM
Would having Napster running in the background cause this? I havnt found a particular
reason yet on whats causing it.I have shut off Napster and am still waiting to see if this might be the cause mabe because of "no activity".
Appreciate any info..first gig this Saturdayand I realy dont want to look like an idiot:)

Inviato Wed 23 May 07 @ 8:06 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
heya , could you check

in C:/programfiles/virtualdj

and look for crash guard report

and tell me what it says in there?

do you get a particular message

and have you tried a reinstal?

Inviato Wed 23 May 07 @ 9:40 pm
Thanks skyfix for your interest!
I checked and there is no report.There is a crashgaurd folder, something like a program folder.
But I think that is the crashguard program itself. I do have to say though..since I shut down Napster I havnt had it crash on me for the last hour playing many songs since.

Would you know if Napster and VDJ might be having something to do with it while both are open? It is convienent being able to download a needed tune when needed just for play purposes..but if this is going to be the issue cutting out in mid stream...shheesh!
What do think? by the way..Im running WIN XP PRO SP2 forgot to mention in previous thread.I chose this over Vista thinking Vista might not be stable enough..but now Im second guessing!

Inviato Wed 23 May 07 @ 10:14 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
you could try using the global database napster built in , personaly i would recomend not downloading songs at a gig as it can take alot of cpu

Inviato Wed 23 May 07 @ 11:12 pm
Yes I did that with the Global base from within.
All was well all night here at home trying to trip up the program again but VDJ worked flawlessly! even threw some video in and still ran great.Then I went Global again and went into Napster downloded a tune..played ok..and didnt touch the pc after I went and loaded a few tunes from my HD and after about 10 min in VDJ it shut down.
It has to be Napster doing it I feel.

Mabe there server kicks you out if it dosent see any activity to save band width

Inviato Thu 24 May 07 @ 4:35 am
are these downloads wired or wireless ?? is the wireless connectivity enabled ?

Inviato Thu 24 May 07 @ 10:28 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)