Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: I miss recording

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

After a couple months on my XP-10s, I absolutely love them. One thing I miss big time from the MKII though is always being able to record my sets. I tried to run the XP10s and the Hercules at the same time to use the MKII for the audio in, which comes from the booth monitor on my Mackie. I use the MKII sometimes to rip vinyl with Sony Sound Forge and this has worked very well for me. But with all three hooked up, Sound Forge states that one or more recording parameters are not matched by the MKII. It recognizes it is there, but won't function. Anybody have experience doing anything like this? Ideas? Thanks

Inviato Fri 25 May 07 @ 6:15 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Sure, just record directly to your hard drive while using VDJ. I do it often, works great!

Inviato Fri 25 May 07 @ 8:43 pm
Thats what I was doing before. I am now using the Mackie D.2 as an external mixer with the XP-10s. I know the best solution is to purchase their firewire card, but it isn't in the budget right now. What I want to do is just use the MKII as a soundcard to record from the out of the Mackie. Works fine for ripping vinyl, doesn't work when the xp10s are also plugged in.

Inviato Fri 25 May 07 @ 11:05 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Oh sorry I dont remember reading anything about the D-2 in your original post. The fire wire might be your only option, or reconnecting the MKII to record.

Inviato Fri 25 May 07 @ 11:17 pm
Update. I spent a whole day trying to resurrect an older dell to run Sound Forge and the MKII drivers so I can record. Error messages everywhere, stupid Windows ME. Now I am back to the laptop again. The computer seems to be ok with all three sound cards plugged in. Sound Forge can still record when it is running solo. As soon as I open VDJ, Sound Forge stops being able to use the MKII as a sound card. I have the MKII disabled in the controller section of VDJ. This is driving me crazy. That is all.

Inviato Sun 27 May 07 @ 4:53 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
try putting the mk2 console into asio mode

Inviato Sun 27 May 07 @ 5:22 pm
New update. I got all thee to cooperate. It seems that if you plug a usb 1.1 device (XP-10) into my powered hub, it 'may' cause other devices plugged into it to also operate at 1.1 speeds. After plugging the MKII into the powered spot on my computer, and the hub to an unpowered location, I don't get the error anymore in Sound Forge. Unfortunately when you go to record VDJ does all but shut down. I am realizing I probably don't have enough computer to run both at the same time. I did just try it is ASIO, and the error message came back. I also tried to use the rip vinyl program in VDJ. That seemed to work with the software preamp off, but when I go to save the file, it says impossible to save or something like that. I have the Lame encoder in the right spot, it just won't save the file.

Funny side note: I played Lords of Acid - I wanna See Your *ussy for comic relief while testing. My cat is still looking for it!

Inviato Sun 27 May 07 @ 6:00 pm
Yet another update. So the answer was under my nose the whole time. In the record config of VDJ you can select 'line in', which brings up a drop menu where you can select the MKII as the source. These guys seriously think of everything, I'm glad I made the right choice! Unfortunately I can't get everything to run smoothly at the same time. Computer is just plain maxed out. I tried every performance setting I could, recording to both wav and mp3, internal and external hard drive etc. It just won't run smooth, and tracks take forever to load. I tried ASIO again, and it told me that the sound card was unavailable. Stupid machine.

Inviato Sun 27 May 07 @ 7:16 pm
you could always get a cheap mp3 player that has the record facility built into it and connect the booth/record line from your mixer to it. Thats what I plan to do when my xp10s and numark cue arrive :)

Inviato Thu 19 Jul 07 @ 8:18 pm
I did get it all sorted, second dinosaur computer is running Audacity with the MKII as a sound card. My laptop just doesn't have enough juice to do it all. Unfortunately there is still a bit of noise, but I'm getting a mini recorder soon. : )

Inviato Thu 19 Jul 07 @ 8:40 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)