Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Need Help. Lost!

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

SO i got my Maya44usb today and i installed everything but i dont know how to work the menus on vdj for example i connected them to my DJX700 but its like useless when i move the faders around the music doesnt fade out or anything but i see the lights bouncing up and down from the music?? my effects on the mixer dont work either? can someone help me out here?? do i have the connecttions wrong??? and how do i get it in vdj?? all these menus i dont know how to work software.. new to it. does this work threw midi or something ?? please help thanks..

Inviato Wed 30 May 07 @ 3:09 am
can you give us some details please ....."installed everything " what is the everything ?

Inviato Wed 30 May 07 @ 3:27 am
by that i mean all the drivers for the card.ASIO 2.5.5 i think it is but my mixer sends no signal to vdj or something because i cant control the audio

Inviato Wed 30 May 07 @ 4:12 am
haz0rdPRO InfinityMember since 2006
it must be christmas or something because I just get my maya44 usb also
i love it.

Virtual DJ should send audio to your mixer.

Well you have to configure virtual DJ for an external mixer board
Choose maya 44 as the sound card

put 1/2 out in channel 1 on the mixer
3/4 out in channel 2 on the mixer

disable crossfader in VDJ (under options)

you should be bumping from there

Make sure your device is plugged into the same usb port you used when you installed the drivers for
the maya. This is very important (it may only apply to vista)

If you do a search you will find threads with better detail.

Inviato Wed 30 May 07 @ 7:40 am
does it matter where i connect it to on my djx700... LINE? PHONO?CD?

Inviato Wed 30 May 07 @ 5:57 pm
it still doesnt work i know it sends audio to the mixer because i can seee the lights bounce around but its still doesnt work i ahve all the options set up how they are suppose to be but it doesnt work??? what should i do know?

Inviato Wed 30 May 07 @ 6:49 pm
ccan anybody help me out?

Inviato Thu 31 May 07 @ 2:35 am
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Maya out goes to line in on your mixer. Mixer out goes to your amp. Like the previous post mentioned select external mixer option in configuration and make the sure the vdj crossfader is in the middle or disabled.

Inviato Thu 31 May 07 @ 3:25 pm
i already did all of that it still doesnt do anything??

Inviato Thu 31 May 07 @ 6:44 pm
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
How about you describe in as much detail exactly how your lines are connected. You're not giving us too much to work with.

Inviato Fri 01 Jun 07 @ 8:37 pm
Yeah, i think step by step would be a good idea, (maybe with some photos if you can!)

I'm sure it's just a simple problem, do you mean that the lights on your mixer are flashing when you play a song, or the lights on the maya soundcard?

Inviato Fri 01 Jun 07 @ 10:23 pm
DazmaxPRO InfinityMember since 2007
If the lights (led meters) on the mixer are indicating then try using the headphone monitor to check for sound on the chanel that is indicating. If you have sound on the headphones then check that you have connected the mixers line out correctly to your amplifier.

good luck
Daz

Inviato Fri 01 Jun 07 @ 11:40 pm
PS when you are plugging the output of youre sound card into the mixer DO NOT USE THE PHONO input terminals they ere designed to work with the very low voltage output from a record deck cartridge and not the line level voltage that comes from your sound card. At best the sound would be badly distorted but at worst you could damage the mixers inputs. Use only the inputs marked as line or cd.

Daz

Inviato Fri 01 Jun 07 @ 11:46 pm
yes the LED's on the mixer are on im gonna take pictures if not ill take some video so u can see what is going on

Inviato Mon 04 Jun 07 @ 8:29 pm
KregCZPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Did you select Timecoads as an imput in your settings?
and did you use the timecode config?

Inviato Mon 04 Jun 07 @ 8:58 pm
If you cn take som pics showing how you have connected the mixer up Ime shure I can help. I used a DJX700 for several years and still keep it as a backup for my Pioneer DJM 600. If you can take the pics I will try and hook up My DJX and hopefully give you some help.

Regards
DAZ

Inviato Mon 04 Jun 07 @ 9:09 pm
<a href="http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=2034040933">mixer</a><br><embed src="http://lads.myspace.com/videos/vplayer.swf" flashvars="m=2034040933&type=video" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="430" height="346"></embed><br><a href="http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.addToProfileConfirm&videoid=2034040933&title=mixer">Add to My Profile</a> | <a href="http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.home"> More Videos</a>

HOPE THIS HELPS OUT.

Inviato Mon 04 Jun 07 @ 10:28 pm

Inviato Mon 04 Jun 07 @ 10:30 pm
It helps alot. You aint as daft as you think. you have conected you mixer inputs correctly. I did not see a pair of headphones plugged in or an amplifier conected to the mixer output but the fact that there is no indication of output on the master level meters unfortionately suggests to me that your mixer has an internal fault. As i suggested before you may want to plug in a set of headphones and see if any sound is present on the headphone monitor but its a bit academic as I think its a fault in the output stage of your mixer. If its new send it back.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

regards

DAZ

Inviato Mon 04 Jun 07 @ 11:42 pm
Just an additional check. Try selecting the crossfader assign switches to chan 3 and 4 to take the xfader out of the circuit just in case thats where the fault lies. the xfader wont work but it may help get you some output.

DAZ

Inviato Mon 04 Jun 07 @ 11:55 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)