Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Numark Total Control "Hates" DJConsole Mk2 - Page: 2

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

well , as long as it's fer a good cause ......."Barry, help me out " (Bruce Almighty)

don't compare Barry to anyone else......it's like comparing apples to oranges and that's fruitless

Inviato Sat 02 Jun 07 @ 5:52 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
chucknorrisyouwimps wrote :
......it's like comparing apples to oranges and that's fruitless

lol...pun intended????

Inviato Sat 02 Jun 07 @ 6:29 pm
Just to confirm that the Herucles Mk2 and NTC need a little help to work together, i've installed everything on a new system.
Got exactly the same behaviour.

If you want to use the Mk2 as a sound card only and use the NTC as the controller, in the sound setup, choose your sound card as a 4.1, not the hercules, otherwise the Hercules makes itself the controller too! Which ends up causing crashes.

Not sure how many peoiple have this setup, i may be the only one?

Inviato Mon 09 Jul 07 @ 10:49 am
trez777Home userMember since 2006
hey digimixer - i know there's a "conflict" between the two but if I follow your procedure above, does VDJ still crash? how's the performance? is it functioning ok and it just crashes/stops when your closing the VDJ program?

I am contemplating on the same setup but im gonna use my old herc1 - but i wanted to make sure it'll work. pls advise.

Inviato Wed 18 Jul 07 @ 3:50 pm
Hi Trez777

Yeah all works good now, doesn't hang now when i try to close VDJ with NTC & Mk2 plugged in, everything works well.
Not quite sure what i did to get rid of the hanging problem, but it's definitely possible to have them working together.

Can't get ASIO4ALL driver to work with the current setup though, so just using the standard Hercules ASIO driver

Also, it can get a little confusing having headphone controls on both the NTC & Mk2

NTC: Dial for Headphone Vol - Dial for Cue -> Mix
Mk2: Dial for Volume - Dial for Deck A: Deck B: Mix : Split

All the controls still have an effect so you need to keep an eye on them.

Inviato Wed 18 Jul 07 @ 4:29 pm
trez777Home userMember since 2006
thanks digimixer. imma try this setup first and if it doesn't work then i'd probably get a maya44. also, what im gonna do eventually is to cover the mk1 (it has its cover) to minimize problems while playin. also, the output of my mk1 will go directly to an external mixer so my headphones will be there definitely.

Inviato Sun 22 Jul 07 @ 8:12 am
sorry, but im hating on the Mk2. i will never EVER use one of those pos. i dont even think its possible to create a real scratch on it. could u? can u even flare on it by using the crossfader?
the numark total control sux as well....i mean sorry to rain on both parade here, but im just expressing my thoughts. im sure its a great product but geezzz, im just probaly curious to know. i never used a mk2 or seen in person but i can guarantee u i will never operate 1 ever.

peace. nothing personal

Inviato Mon 23 Jul 07 @ 5:27 pm
alphaquake wrote :
sorry, but im hating on the Mk2. i will never EVER use one of those pos. i dont even think its possible to create a real scratch on it. could u? can u even flare on it by using the crossfader?
the numark total control sux as well....i mean sorry to rain on both parade here, but im just expressing my thoughts. im sure its a great product but geezzz, im just probaly curious to know. i never used a mk2 or seen in person but i can guarantee u i will never operate 1 ever.

peace. nothing personal

Your comment is probably not worth the reply but I will anyway. You mentioned that you never used them or even seen them in action. So some could say the same thing about electricity. You can't see it but you manage to figure out what it is used for.

I'm sure you are a very good professional DJ with more contracts than you can handle. And by the sounds of it, you are probably a turntablist as well.

so I'm gonna give you the professional response you may or may not deserve. If you are a truelly a professional DJ you would either ask questions or figure out the purpose of each unit... NO! you can't scratch on it. It's not designed to scratch in a large format. Every DJ hear knows and understands this. Do your research first then post on a forum and someone may respect your opinion.

Inviato Mon 23 Jul 07 @ 5:56 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
fatkatzdj wrote :
Do your research first then post on a forum and someone may respect your opinion.

Well said......

Inviato Mon 23 Jul 07 @ 9:35 pm
i just read what digimixer said up above, he said he was scratching with it. im not trying to disrespect i just got my own opinion, and if anyone was butt hurt about that then im sorry. without ne research, i just believed the gunit was somewhat like a dj ipod mixer console without the computer and effects. anyway im not going to search on it unless i really need to. school me somemore if u want idk, i just saw this disscussion on the board and see what was all the fuss and dropped my 2 cents, if u dont want it then fine.

Inviato Tue 24 Jul 07 @ 8:37 am
yours truly

Inviato Tue 24 Jul 07 @ 8:40 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)