Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Can someone explain Latency

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Forgive me if this question is a bit on the thick side, but I keep reading posts about Latency with in VDJ
My question is what is Latency and how does it help.

Inviato Thu 31 May 07 @ 2:16 am
k_onePRO InfinityMember since 2006
Latency can be defined as such:

"The minimum time required to move data from one point to another"

In VDJ, latency is related to the timecode input (Vinyl or CD).
It means that the latency is the time (in milliseconds) it takes before a movement timecord record translates into a change in playback speed in the VDJ engine.
The lower latency, the more natural sounds and faster reaction (Or "real vinyl feel" as many will refer to.)
Higher latency will cause reaction to slow down and making it harder to perform techniques normally executed on normal turntables and cd-players.

Note that the lower you put the latency setting, the harder the strain on computer hardware will be.

(Also important to note that Virtual Vinyl is capable of doing 1ms latency on a MAC while Serato only will work with 2ms..haha..in you face..LOL)

Inviato Thu 31 May 07 @ 2:46 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Thanks K_one, sorted.

Inviato Thu 31 May 07 @ 2:54 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
In fact, for timecode, we can define the latency like that:
full latency = audio input latency + audio signal analyse/treatment latency + audio output latency

(Do not forget the latency due to USB transfert too)

Inviato Thu 31 May 07 @ 1:17 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
simply its the time between the sound ocuring on the computer and it being sent out the card

Inviato Thu 31 May 07 @ 1:37 pm
well when the female comes into......uhh you better email me......

Inviato Thu 31 May 07 @ 3:54 pm
chucknorrisyouwimps wrote :
well when the female comes into......uhh you better email me......

I figured the thread has been answered but Chuck brought up a question for me... I'm hoping this can stay professional - in an age of technology that no one has to carry heavy loads anymore. Why aren't there more female DJ's? Is this still a "boys" club... being music has nothing to do with physical strength ( sports) or agility....

what's up

remember professional or would this open a can of worms

Inviato Thu 31 May 07 @ 6:48 pm
I worked for an agency Djing in bars and Cindy would brag about the tips and drinks she got.. She averaged $80. A night from these dogs.. I being a man working the same dam bar for two years,, only got about 3 drink and a pat on the back.. I try to recruit women all the time for my second system but they’re just not interested or just can’t handle the A-Holes…. It takes a certain personality to deal with drunks.. I’d love to find someone im my aria to do sales for me, a club manager always has time to talk to a pretty face.. Yes,, my face just doesn’t fit the bill..

Inviato Thu 31 May 07 @ 7:11 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
there are female vdjs they just hide here lol

Inviato Thu 31 May 07 @ 7:22 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
I have one that works for me. I know two other female DJs all of them are very good but, none of the three of them will date DJs.....makes you think doesnt it???

Inviato Thu 31 May 07 @ 11:08 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)