Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: TTX Turntables or Numark ICDX?

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

TTX Turntables or Numark ICDX?
i'll be mixing videos and music

Inviato Thu 31 May 07 @ 4:43 am
socrossPRO InfinityMember since 2004
If you scratch, then the TTX's - I used them for a while and they are really nice!

If you don't scratch, you might be better off with the numark total control - or any midi controller with jogwheels. Much cheaper with all the same functionality. Although having two turntables has some cache to it!

Inviato Thu 31 May 07 @ 5:55 am
l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Whats wrong with the icdx? How come you dont like them socross?

Inviato Thu 31 May 07 @ 6:49 am
feedback on icdx please. this is a big investment so please help me out.

Inviato Thu 31 May 07 @ 4:57 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
I own two iCDXs love them I hear the TTX do not like to be moved... I do not do a lot of scratching so if scratching is your intent take that into account. Also with the iCDX you have multiple formats you can run from. A stand alone HD, a straigh CD, a MP3 CD, a USB drive, an Ipod, and you can use them for manipulation of VDJ. I figure they are win/win. I have had mine for seven months now and not one complaint.

Inviato Thu 31 May 07 @ 11:14 pm
l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I own a pair of icdx units also and can't say that I've got any complaints. I use them with scratching and don't have any issues. Note I'm no DMC contestant and not going to be juggling on them anytime soon so they perfect for what I do.

Inviato Thu 31 May 07 @ 11:21 pm
If you have the funds...Go with better 'Industry Standard' Equipment. Pioneer 1000's MK3 (800's are great also, especially in conjunction with computer DJ programs, where you don't need the features of the 1000's) or Tech 12's. The Numark turntables seem pretty solid, but I wouldn't get that CD player.

Inviato Fri 01 Jun 07 @ 3:23 am
CHARL1E F1VE wrote :
If you have the funds...Go with better 'Industry Standard' Equipment. Pioneer 1000's MK3 (800's are great also, especially in conjunction with computer DJ programs, where you don't need the features of the 1000's) or Tech 12's. The Numark turntables seem pretty solid, but I wouldn't get that CD player.

The 1200s are great... but Charlie, Numark has been in the DJ industry for over 25 years. Pioneer decks are great but, Pioneer is fairley new to the DJ industry. Industry standards change all the time. There is nothing wrong with the Numark iCDXs.

Inviato Fri 01 Jun 07 @ 4:52 am
^ I didn't say that there is "something wrong" with the iCDXs, and I know everything in the DJ world is personal preference. but...its not about who's been around longer its about what is the better professional equipment. Pioneer is by far the leader in professional grade tabletop CD players (which in turn put them in the 'Indusrty Standard'). And even though Numark has been around for quite some time, they fell off the map for quite some years. They are on a comeup bringing with their digital products, ie. cue, vv, total control, ect... but still don't get much respect in the DJ community. I personally wouldn't even think of buying either of the 2 in question. The decks (turntables) are at good price point but for the cost of the CD players, ainty up a couple more bucks...

Inviato Fri 01 Jun 07 @ 6:04 am
I think I know why you like the Pioneers they can handle the beating of a C5 routine....lol I mean you can drop them and still work?? Yeah, Numark might not be able to handle your special kind of abuse......LOL! BTW, Charlie, I am in the DJ community and I give them respect......

Inviato Fri 01 Jun 07 @ 6:44 am
haz0rdPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I have 2 ICDX and i scratch, mix and do everything on them.
I love it. and I prefer it to any midi controller. And will love it even better once
a mapper is released.

Here's the buttom line.

If you like to scratch with records then the ICDX is NOT for you.

if you can scratch on a xp10 or even a pioneer cdj then you can LEARN to use
the ICDX for scratching.

The other good thing is you get CD/USB Master Player with it which is awsome!
You can even use ONE ICDX to controll VDJ if you want.
The only problem I run into with using one is with the pitch controll.

Thanks,

Inviato Fri 01 Jun 07 @ 4:28 pm
I own two iCDX and they are awesome - ideal set with VirtualDJ.
Maybe looping is pretty "weird" and you have to practice it, but everything else is great:)
I use external mizer (Korg Kaoss Mixer KM2), so I just set up the EQ in VDJ before I play to kep my EQ on mixer in neutral (just setting system) - mp3 usually are lauder on high tones...

One thing in iCDX it's own - I cant to format HDD to make it recognised by iCDX - I've tried many ways, many formats - and nothing... Anyone can help me?
How to format external 2,5" USB HDD drive (120gb) to work with iCDX????

Inviato Wed 20 Jun 07 @ 10:17 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)