Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Numark LE software setup - Page: 2

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Valid points, and it comes down to two choices kinda-

1) Full version for a time period (20 days or more)

2) Limited version that never ends.

VDJ/Numark went with nr 2, as nr 1 is also available for download.

But maybe it should be shipped with nr1.. Not sure:)

Inviato Fri 08 Jun 07 @ 3:14 pm
DazmaxPRO InfinityMember since 2007
How about a time limited version that reverts to the LE version when the time limit expires? This would demonstrate the full capacity of the software and leave people itching to keep using the full version. Would also be less hasstle because ime shure you guys could set it up so that you only need an unlock key number to reinstate full functionality. How easy would that be?

PS I should rely read peoples logins correctly , Sorry.

Daz

Inviato Fri 08 Jun 07 @ 3:22 pm

Good idea actually :)

Inviato Fri 08 Jun 07 @ 5:03 pm
Final thaught then. If a time limited full version was used it would also have som benifits for the forum because when people register with the site it could show up as TRIAL USER for the period of the time limit and avoid confusion with unlicenced users.

Thanks to all for the replys

DAZ

Inviato Fri 08 Jun 07 @ 5:30 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Dazmax wrote :
How about a time limited version that reverts to the LE version when the time limit expires? This would demonstrate the full capacity of the software and leave people itching to keep using the full version. Would also be less hasstle because ime shure you guys could set it up so that you only need an unlock key number to reinstate full functionality. How easy would that be?

PS I should rely read peoples logins correctly , Sorry.

Daz

There's nothing that says you can't download the CUE or VDJ Trials and get the same results that you are asking for which is FULL capability.

Uninstall your LE, install the Trial. After 20 days, uninstall the Trial and Re-install the LE.
Also, since you have registered your LE edition you already have the TAG line greater than a Non-Licensed User.

I understand all of your points but as the controllers are just that - they are the tools of the trade - it's nice to get a software package so you could actually use them - IF you don't already own the software. It's the controller people purchase for the controller's features. The controller isn't purchased by most just to get the [free] software that comes with it. In most scenarios people have already bought the software and are looking to expanded their use of it with a controller.

Inviato Sat 09 Jun 07 @ 12:46 am
Fair point.
As you can probably tell I am pretty new to the world of computer DJing kit and I think I got a bit spoiled when I baught the BCD2000 6 or so months ago because it came with fully functional(If a little twitchy) software. I had just assumed (wrongly as it turns out) that this was the norm. This was therefore my first introduction to VDj so i had come from the world of hardware kit first as opposed to haveing the software already.I have just been used to buying equipment plugging it in and having it functional strait off. Guess ime in the minority. Still think that the time limited/reversion software has some merit tho even if its just to make thing easy out of the box.

Thanks

Daz

Inviato Sat 09 Jun 07 @ 5:07 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
No problem. Hope you are enjoying your controller and the software. Look forward to seeing you upgrade to the Pro Versions and telling us about your experiences.

cstoll

Inviato Sat 09 Jun 07 @ 4:03 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)