Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: In need of a Good set of Headphones

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I'm after a good set of headphones. At the moment I've got a set of Sennheisers HD25sp's I've had these for about 8 years I got them when I brought my 1210 mrk 2's. They are a bit battered now but still kick ass. Been looking at the HD25 pro version, the ones with the double headband. I know they're on the expensive side but I think they're worth it.

Any info would be good

Inviato Fri 01 Jun 07 @ 2:49 am
Ive been through a TON of headphones and tried nearly every set of 'DJ' phones. My advice. Get the Technics RP-DH 1200's. They are the best I've came accross. The bass is crisper for mixing. The Pioneer Pro DJ phones are garbage, the runner up I would say is the Sony MDR 700's. Get them at a place like Guitar Center/Sam Ash with the service and replacement plan. I'm ruff with phones and go through 2-3 pairs a year. I recently broke a set and with the replacement plan they gave me a brand new pair.

Good Luck,
Charlie Five

Inviato Fri 01 Jun 07 @ 3:17 am
Blimey Charlie five, what do you do with them, eat them lol

Inviato Fri 01 Jun 07 @ 3:47 am
Its prob how I wear them, with one flipped up. Constantly on and off. Plus I almost always booze when I work, so they get thrown in and out of my record bag, dropped...ect. Go with the Tech's, You won't be disapointed.

On another note reckless note, about a month ago I dropped my $3000 Macbook Pro in the booth. Ouch! It put a dent in the corner but thank god she's fine. Alot scarrier than breakin $150 phones.

Inviato Fri 01 Jun 07 @ 6:09 am
Try AKG K-181DJ........For me, it sounds superb, and they have a switch for small or large club, which enhaces the bass....

Inviato Fri 01 Jun 07 @ 10:37 am
Hi,

I've got the sennheiser HD25, they kick ass!!! They're so clear you don't need to have them too loud, but if you want to turn them up... your ears start wiggling to the beat!

I've heard the technics are also great as well though. I'd say probably technics look better, but sennheisers are more rugged (no hinges to break, etc.) Technics also have a longer cord, but thats a minor thing.

Here's a headphone review on scratchworks

http://www.skratchworx.com/reviews/HeadphoneGroupTest.php

Interesting they don't rate the sound so much on the technics, but I havn't actually heard both, so I can't comment.

Inviato Fri 01 Jun 07 @ 12:36 pm
Oh another great thing about the Tech's is that the cord can be removed. I can't tell you how many times I've damaged the spot where the cord comes into the phones, most likely from wrapping the cord round the speakers. I'm sure everyone has experienced wiggle the cord to get both sides to work. I always disconnect mine after the use.

Inviato Sat 02 Jun 07 @ 12:23 am
here's errr hears what lil i know ......the above mentioned sony's.........i think are good ...i don't treat them like fine china , but they hold up , reasonably comfortable .....

for pure good sound i like my AKG k240m .........not Dj phones though.........as a general rule of thumb (he led the battle at Gettysburg ) ..... if they make a great mic they usually have great headphones also
edit
the removable cord is a great feature ..... if your headphones have a chinstrap (2 wires) they're not real headphones

Inviato Sat 02 Jun 07 @ 1:15 am
Cheers everyone. I'm going to check out the techinics, in the morning ( I'm in the UK ) but I'm still leaning towards the HD25 pro's.

Inviato Sat 02 Jun 07 @ 3:48 am
good for u. I've made posts about them previously. search it up!

Inviato Sat 02 Jun 07 @ 3:11 pm
GaryBrPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I'm using HD25 Pros. They are very comfortable, sound good, the lead is removable so it can be replaced, the ear pads are hard wearing yet comfortable and they stay 'tight' no sagging in the headband with age, or looseness in the moving parts. In the words of Borat . . . I like!

Gary

Inviato Sat 02 Jun 07 @ 6:21 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)