Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Cue VS Rane - Page: 5

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

see thats the problem, u think i have a problem.

just curios what the button djs would like to be called.

if thats that what u use then horray you too are a turntabilist. when i say turntabilist its not so much a batttle dj. just the fact that u use a some kind of scratch jog dial i would consider u to have some knowledge of some of the points i point out.

if u don't use jogdials/turnatables then obviously some things i see as important & other turntabilist would see as an important feature etc to use.

the pushers won't understand. I'm sure theres things that the pushers would like to use that i wouldn't understand either.

i just want to know how to catorgize them so people don't steer off the wrong path like people have on this thread.

whats wrong & attitude with that? its honestly the truth. do i need to do a video so people can hear my tone?

when i want attitude or to yell...i will use caps or bold.

so u get over it...hehe hoho ;)

Inviato Thu 07 Jun 07 @ 3:17 am

damn u are funny ;)

No, none of us use jogwheels, jogdials or timecode ... we are all using automix, while sitting in the bar wondering why VDJ sound bad out of the speakers, wishing we had SSL..

right

Inviato Thu 07 Jun 07 @ 3:24 am
dude what ar u somkin? I would like some so i can to make silly comments.

cdj is a jog dial. nothing wrong with that. i would rather use a cdj then a 1200 anyday.

Inviato Thu 07 Jun 07 @ 3:35 am
This is my 40th year as a DJ. I have used everything from 8 tracks to mp3's. The tools I use do not define me. I supply the vibe, that makes the party. I do it very well, that's why it is all I do. If you do not realize that the term "Button Pusher" is derogatory, you are either lying, or very slow. So, if you need someone to tell you what we want to be called, let me school you. We are DJ's, period. It is very simple, and I for one, wonder why someone who thinks he is a cool guy, has a hard time with that. The real deal is, you don't get to define who I am. You may think you do, but you are such a small, small piece in the big picture. I just turned 55 2 hours ago, and have learned that I can eliminate the small, small pieces in my life, and not even miss it. We all have egos here, and mine can be just as large as anyone else's. But I control it, it doesn't control me. I can not change the way you refer to us DJ's, but I can change the way I react to you. You have some skills, and I am sure I could learn from you. However, you are not unique, and I can get that info from somewhere else. So, if you keep disrespecting the DJ's on this forum, I will simply ignore you, and not lose any sleep.

Inviato Thu 07 Jun 07 @ 8:15 am
xgl_djPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Grumpy Old Men....

Inviato Thu 07 Jun 07 @ 9:50 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
did you check for conflicts?

Inviato Thu 07 Jun 07 @ 11:39 am
k_onePRO InfinityMember since 2006
funkturnal wrote :
see thats the problem, u think i have a problem.

just curios what the button djs would like to be called.

the pushers won't understand. I'm sure theres things that the pushers would like to use that i wouldn't understand either.

Hehe..Pushers? This might explain all the talk about coke all the time..LOL
I think baller is a much better word than pusher...

Btw, I would like to be called a pimp...hehe(and my pimp hand is way strong)
;)

Inviato Thu 07 Jun 07 @ 2:47 pm
its not disrespect. yes we all are djs no matter if u push a button etc. thats not what I've said....thats just you guys raactions to it.

although we're djs....theres different types period. if u can't understand that ur slow. not even saying which is better. there just has to be a way to define each. it doesn't matter if u mix for 10 people or 10000 people. each are a different type of dj that uses his tools differently.

y'all can't understand that?

i'll start taking votes on pimp. but people will most likely get confused if that term is used ;)

Inviato Thu 07 Jun 07 @ 4:49 pm
NiemsPRO InfinityMember since 2006
The hole gets deeper and deeper.

One thing im SERIOUSLY not understanding here:

If you and us are both using software, both using vinyl, both using computers, then where does the term 'pushers' come into perspective for us uniquely? Have not heard you mention anyone HERE that does the same as YOU... because of what we use?

Hmm, wasnt aware that slippin' vinyl was remotely the same as pushing buttons, seeing as i'm using VDJ. Maybe i should throw my keyboard away?

The term "DJ" will do just FINE :D

kthxbaai

Inviato Thu 07 Jun 07 @ 5:13 pm
& this is where i say you guys aren't reading just posting...heres one of my earlier post:

funkturnal wrote :
I have never stated theres is anything wrong with push button djs (you take it that way) god knows i was playing cds before serato or cdjs came out. If i'm not touching the laptop, i'm touching the trigger finger or moving the mouse....so i guess u can call me a pushbutton dj that uses turntables. u think my feelings get hurt? c'mon man stay on track.

whats so hard to understand? please read thread before posting.

Quote :
The term "DJ" will do just FINE :D

yes that term does fine for all of us.....then AFTER that it goes even deeper...think of an outline

dj=a
pushers=a1
turntabilist=a2
wii djs=a3
mixing with ur mind=a4
automixing=a5

get it yet? read slowly ;p

Inviato Thu 07 Jun 07 @ 5:18 pm
funkturnal wrote :
& this is where i say you guys aren't reading just posting...heres one of my earlier post:

funkturnal wrote :
I have never stated theres is anything wrong with push button djs (you take it that way) god knows i was playing cds before serato or cdjs came out. If i'm not touching the laptop, i'm touching the trigger finger or moving the mouse....so i guess u can call me a pushbutton dj that uses turntables. u think my feelings get hurt? c'mon man stay on track.

whats so hard to understand? please read thread before posting.

Lol I have been following since the start of this thread, dont be so quick to judge us :O

funkturnal wrote :
I have never stated theres is anything wrong with push button djs

Read my post again SLOWLY ;D try and pick out a sentence which implies that I believe that "you think there is something wrong with push button DJs"?

btw I would say that about 50% of VDJ users here are turntabilists, such as yourself.

It is pretty natural for readers to get a subconcious limbo that 'pushers' are infereior, although you have not stated that explicitly

Inviato Thu 07 Jun 07 @ 5:26 pm
I LOVE BUTTONS!!

Inviato Thu 07 Jun 07 @ 6:09 pm
arcade games > touchy turntabilitists :D

Inviato Thu 07 Jun 07 @ 6:36 pm
TexZKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
millsmobile wrote :
I LOVE BUTTONS!!

Me too!

Anyway, a DJ is a Disk Jockey, no matter what you use: you're just not playing the record straight. How could you loop, play samples, enable effects, clone disks, make fast cue or many beat jumps... without buttons or sliders? You get madn doing that... with ONLY 2 records and 2 hands!!!

Inviato Thu 07 Jun 07 @ 6:37 pm
funkturnal wrote :
its not disrespect. yes we all are djs no matter if u push a button etc. thats not what I've said....thats just you guys raactions to it.

although we're djs....theres different types period. if u can't understand that ur slow. not even saying which is better. there just has to be a way to define each. it doesn't matter if u mix for 10 people or 10000 people. each are a different type of dj that uses his tools differently.

y'all can't understand that?

i'll start taking votes on pimp. but people will most likely get confused if that term is used ;)

I didn't see it as disrespect man...I totally see your point of view.
I just thought the term pusher was a bit funny, 'cuz I was thinking of the other kind of pusher...(hence the reference to baller...hehe)

In regards to the topic(which has strayed way of track..hehe), I don't mind being called a pushbutton DJ at all.
I know I'm a turntablist, and I can also push buttons and rock the floor better than most.
That's all that matters to me...;)
And I don't think anyone deserves to be called a pimp unless they really are one...hehe

Inviato Thu 07 Jun 07 @ 8:12 pm
Button pusher + Turntabilist = TABLE PUSHER!!

fear my skill :P

Inviato Thu 07 Jun 07 @ 8:39 pm

DJ JFB
Turntabalist/DJ/Producer
Vestax Champ 2003

“The bottom line is Virtual Vinyl is tight. It’s up there with the best of them for vinyl control. It doesn’t slip or slide out of sync. It sounds smooth whether you cutin fast and hard or slow and low.
Even with a trashed needle it tracked pretty well"

"Spot-on vinyl control"

BUILD QUALITY 4.5/5
SOUND QUALITY 5/5
EASE OF USE 4.5/5
FEATURES 4.5/5

(DJ MAG)

Inviato Thu 07 Jun 07 @ 8:42 pm
in my opionion you dont seem to be trying that hard to check for the cause of the problem

did you look at that link you where sent

Inviato Thu 07 Jun 07 @ 8:50 pm
Niems wrote :

-"Table pushers"-

Sounds like a creative name for a moving agency..hehe

Inviato Thu 07 Jun 07 @ 8:50 pm
k_one wrote :
Niems wrote :

-"Table pushers"-

Sounds like a creative name for a moving agency..hehe

Hahahhhaha. Everyone in this forum is silly. You have me @ work laughing, people wondering what's wrong with me. This post has gone on too long.

Funkturnal, try clearing your cookies and cache, it might increase your tracking.

Inviato Thu 07 Jun 07 @ 11:13 pm
83%