Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Help! Which turntables should I get??

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

gmediaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I'm about to get my first turntables. I'm bidding on a NEW pair of Stanton T.60X Direct-Drive Turn Tables. Are these ok? I made an offer for $110 each ($220), plus $32 shipping. Is that a Good deal? Do you recommend different ones instead?
What is the difference between a T.60 and a T100? Will it make a big difference for to me? I have about $250 (MAX) to spend right now. Should I hold out for more money or get to spinning already? Should I go used? LOTS of questions, but I really appreciate all of the street savvy DJ's here. ~Chris Kelley

P.S. I'm planning on using them to do time-coded vinyl with VDJ, not so much real vinyl.

Inviato Mon 04 Jun 07 @ 10:10 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
I would buy good Numarks or, Technics but it is a personal choice. The best advice I can give is to buy what you want.. if it costs more than you have..wait. You are not going to be happy if you settle for something you didnt want to begin with. And make sure the TT is direct drive...good luck!

Inviato Mon 04 Jun 07 @ 10:24 pm
Synqs are a good choise. Powerful drive, pleasure to work with.

Inviato Mon 04 Jun 07 @ 10:37 pm
Definitely save up. It might suck waiting, and it might be more $$ than you wanted to spend, but is still cheaper than buying tables twice.

Inviato Mon 04 Jun 07 @ 10:39 pm
critterpher wrote :
I'm about to get my first turntables. I'm bidding on a NEW pair of Stanton T.60X Direct-Drive Turn Tables. Are these ok? I made an offer for $110 each ($220), plus $32 shipping. Is that a Good deal? Do you recommend different ones instead?
What is the difference between a T.60 and a T100? Will it make a big difference for to me? I have about $250 (MAX) to spend right now. Should I hold out for more money or get to spinning already? Should I go used? LOTS of questions, but I really appreciate all of the street savvy DJ's here. ~Chris Kelley

P.S. I'm planning on using them to do time-coded vinyl with VDJ, not so much real vinyl.

I would not buy those decks...Plus it sounds like you are bidding on them through ebay, another potential dangerous situation. I've heard a ton of horror stories about DJ equip and ebay. Do you live in a or near a major city? US? If so check craigslist and you may be able to go check out a set of decks first.

#1 Turntables - Technics 1210's. They are expensive new but they are pretty common so you may be able to find a used set at a fair price. $250 would prob only get you 1 used though. Keep saving, they are worth it.

If I had a 2nd choice, I would get the Numark TT's.

Inviato Tue 05 Jun 07 @ 12:13 am
TearEmUp wrote :
I would buy good Numarks or, Technics but it is a personal choice. The best advice I can give is to buy what you want.. if it costs more than you have..wait. You are not going to be happy if you settle for something you didnt want to begin with. And make sure the TT is direct drive...good luck!

Great advice. I have 2 things to add. Don't rush into anything, unless you are sure. The next thing is, Why wait. Go into debt just like everybody else, get what you want now, and be done with it.

The last statement will self destruct in 5 sec, I will deny I ever said it, and the secretary will disavow any knowledge that I ever existed.

Inviato Tue 05 Jun 07 @ 12:33 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
A pair of Techincs 1210's would be my No 1 choice over anything.

Inviato Tue 05 Jun 07 @ 2:30 am
gmediaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Can anyone give me some more info, like WHY buy your recommended table and maybe even why not to buy the Stanton's. I actually have a Behringer BCD200 "B-Control DeeJay" that has two mini pads on in to scratch the A and B decks of VDJ. How will the Technics 1210 perform better than the Stanton T.60 specifically. Does one have better responce time? Will the Technics last a whole lot longer? Whatreally separates the two? I'm not really talking scratching real vinyls per say. Thanks! I hope all of this makes sense.

Inviato Tue 05 Jun 07 @ 4:11 am
I don't really have anything bad to say about the Stantons, but the 1210s, and the TTX (which I use sometimes) are above and beyond. It is the same advice my uncle should have listened to about boats. Find the biggest boat you can afford, and then buy the next biggest one. The TTXs and the 1210s have really high torque which makes it A LOT easier to spin. They will have faster start times, and are easier to drop and beatmatch. It doesn't matter if you are only going to use timecode, the whole point is that you shouldn't feel a difference. The other thing to consider is that either of these tables will last you a LONG time, if not be the last tables you buy. I saw a drunk chick knock a 15" 2way speaker cab off the ledge in front of the booth directly on to a Tech 1200 while my buddy was spinning. It knocked the tonearm off the record and slammed into the platter. He dropped the needle again, and everything was fine. Nobody else in the crowd even noticed. Both the TTX and the 1200s weigh in at about 25 pounds. They are tanks, and virtually indestructible.

Inviato Tue 05 Jun 07 @ 5:09 am
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I use the stanton t60 and i would say they are ok but more suited to entry level dj. ( Made a bad choice when buying that) , would recommend go for t120, its better if u prefer stanton than the others:) .. I would also say the above turntables that were recommended is good especially anything from technics. But any turntables is just fine as the user of the equipment is the most important source. What the point getting a good turntable but if u did not utilised it fully on its performance:). But be sure to get the direct drive one rather than the belt drive and u be fine. And lastly do try to avoid ebay , go to ur nearest dj store, its better :) Have a nice day....and happy spinning mates

Inviato Tue 05 Jun 07 @ 12:17 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)