Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Need to create a virtual beach!

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I'm doing a themed House music bash on the 16th June
We've themed it on a Beach House, so there will be loads of sea shells, bamboo and beachy type things laying around.

What i'd like to do is use a projecter to beam a virtual window onto the wall and make it look like that its a window looking out onto a beach. (preferable with the sun setting etc)

The idea i had was to get some free stock footage then convert into a flash video file and mask it with a window frame, but can't find any decent footage, all poor quality and too short.

So i thought maybe there is a screen saver out there, but nothing i can find is decent.

Anyone got any ideas on how i might be able to achieve the effect i'm looking for??

Any suggestions would be well received.

The website for our Beach House party is http://www.angelpulse.co.uk/home.html

Inviato Tue 05 Jun 07 @ 1:19 pm
perhaps "Marine Aquarium 2", it's a screensaver, with awesome looking fish, that almost look real.

Inviato Tue 05 Jun 07 @ 1:34 pm
Yeah know the one you're talking about, however, i'm trying to give the effect of being in a beach house, so i wanted a virtual window looking out onto a beach front.

I may consider the Aquarium if there is no way to get the beach front effect.

Thanks for the suggestion

Inviato Tue 05 Jun 07 @ 1:46 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
hi didgimixer

used to work at a bar called "the beach" same sort of format what your planning but we had everything in place all the time with me djing from a life guard station 8 foot up, got some great views of the scenery lol plus had some great fun with beach games 'specially dont forget miss wet t shirt compo's (brings a smile to the face that one) you could try limbo competition with 'limbo calypso by arrow' back from the eighties lasts about 6 mins stick it on a loop lasts all the through competition theres a better one out than that can't think who the guy was right now back from the sixties anyway try these sites for your back grounds just what you need www.scarboro.info/video/ - or www.dr-tourist.tv/pages/beaches.html
hope it helps...

Tayla

Inviato Tue 05 Jun 07 @ 1:56 pm
digimixer

forgot to add if you want some help/ideas give me a shout and you could try googling beaches that will also give you the scenes your looking for...

Tayla

Inviato Tue 05 Jun 07 @ 2:00 pm
Hi Tayla

Thanks for the links and suggestions, much appreciated!

We won't be indulging in the Wet t-shirt competition etc, although it sounds fun, our nites are all about pure un-interruped funky & bangin house music, we wont be deviating from that format.

I checked out the videos, unfortunately they are not what im looking for.

I need video of a beach front with a static camera (no camera movement or fades to other locations)

My goal is to make the projection look like a window out onto a beach front, with waves coming in and out and maybe the odd person walking past? so camera movements or fades to other locations ruin that effect.

Maybe im just being too much of a perfectionist ! but im sure there must be a way to acheive this that doesnt cost.#

Again, thanks for your thoughts, much appreciated.

Inviato Tue 05 Jun 07 @ 2:31 pm
digimixer

think i've found what your looking for do a google search for "sunset video" when it comes up go to page 3 look for

1/ california video

2/ a goan sunset @ konkan tv (this is the one with sunset and the odd person passing by could be looped)

3/ sunset video backgrounds (all loopable)

hope it helps...

Tayla

Inviato Tue 05 Jun 07 @ 3:45 pm
if you need help with a loopable video give me a shout...

Tayla

Inviato Tue 05 Jun 07 @ 6:00 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)