Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Do you plan on getting an iPhone?

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

For all you gadget freaks out there, this is the most anticipated gadget this year so far. I myself am a phone freak. If I can get my hands on one, I will purchase. For those of you who are wondering what the hell I am talking about, go to www.apple.com/iphone.

Inviato Thu 07 Jun 07 @ 4:25 am
I use my phone to make a call, and that's it. I just got a second cell, because I sold my house, and could not move my business number, because of the area code. I for one do not get the whole cell phone thing. I don't even own an ipod.

Inviato Thu 07 Jun 07 @ 5:13 am
The key word is "convergence". I lot of people don't want to carry around five different items that do five different things. They would rather have one device that does everything. There are lots of smart phones that play music, hold your appointments, surf the web, etc... But it's the way the iPhone does it and merges all those things into a seamless experience is what everyone is getting their panties wet over. I for one love my "Crackberry", but I like the way Apple does it better. (And I'm a closet Apple fanboy, have been ever since the Apple ][e. (Oooooh that was a long time ago.)

Inviato Thu 07 Jun 07 @ 5:33 am
I understand the concept of "convergence", and also capitalism. As a scientist, I am a fan of technology, and I like the new stuff. I just look around and see a bunch of people that are turned on, tuned in, and dropped out (Timothy Leary). Everyone is in their own little world, and don't have a clue of what's going on around them. Osama Bin Laden is probably in the US, but everyone is looking at some palm size device, and never even noticed. You ever notice four people in a car, and they are all on a cell phone? Talking to whom, and about what? I got rid of a bartender, because she got an attitude because I said something about her constant text messaging. Now, we "need" to be able to watch TV programs, movies, and videos on a 4" screen? Oh well, just a few of my thoughts. I do think that the Iphone is slick, and people will be camped out over night, waiting for it to drop.

Inviato Thu 07 Jun 07 @ 7:00 am
I totally agree with the "Turned on, tuned out.". My wife is younger than me and just about has the phone implanted into her body. She can't do anything without it. I personally can leave my phone at home most of the time. I like the fact that I can check my email and maybe get some info off the web without having to find a computer to do it. However with my wife, its more of a keeping up with everyone and answering every call and txt message. Which I find totally annoying as hell. The phone is a tool for me. I will not turn into a "tool" because of my phone. I don't think we are too far off in age so I understand what you mean.

Inviato Thu 07 Jun 07 @ 7:28 am
I feel ya. I can be a block away, realize I left my phone home, and say so what. My ex wife will turn around miles from home, be late for work, to get her phone. Technology is killing us. I don't want to hijack your post, but we have soap, that comes out of the bottle, lathered up. We can't even rub our hands together, on a bar of soap. So, just let me throw in a word about the Iphone. It is gonna be big. People that don't have AT&T, will switch, just to get that phone. So, not only will they pay $600.00 for phone, but the early termination fee, from their other carrier. Crazy.

Inviato Thu 07 Jun 07 @ 8:31 am
Definitely.

They're already anticipating the overnight camp-outs starting June 28th, the night before the iPhone release on June 29th at BOTH the Apple Stores AND the at&t stores.

Apple stock (AAPL) is up over $3 just today. It's been steadily rising by almost a couple of dollars everyday this week since the launch of the new iPhone commercials on Monday.

Here's the new commercials: http://www.apple.com/iphone/ads/

Gene Munster, an analyst over at Piper Jaffrey just noted that he estimates 45 million iPhones to be sold over the next 2 1/2 years with 3.2 million being sold in the second half of 2007 after it becomes available, and 12.4 million in 2008.

Here's the article on that: http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/07/06/07/iphone_yearly_sales_rate_should_top_45_million_by_2009_says_firm.html

SJ stated that Apple will be happy if they sell 10 million iPhones by the end of 2008 which would represent about 1% marketshare in the global mobile phone/device market. That analyst is forecasting 50% more than what Apple is stating because he knows, as do lots of us, that Apple always shoots low with modest estimates and always ends up "beating the streets" (Wall Street) estimates.

So if Herman... I mean Gene... Munster is estimating about 15 million iPhones to be sold by 2008 and 45 million by 2009, he's forecasting 30 million iPhone sales in 2009 alone.

We'll see. Afterall, if anyone can do it Apple can.

- VT ConQuest
(Visual Turntablist)

P.S.
Here's some interesting graphic breakdowns of the potential iPhone demographic provided by "Solutions Research Group", reported and editorialized by AppleInsider:
http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/07/06/06/apple_att_neophytes_to_define_iphone_audience_report.html

Inviato Thu 07 Jun 07 @ 4:47 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)